Movez - New Zwave controlled window blind controller $49

Hi!
The people behind the bluetooth controlled window blind system MOVE, just started a campaign on INDIEGOGO for another device, but with Z-Wave support for just $49:

MOVEZ-motorize blinds and shades | Indiegogo (Referral link)

Regular link: MOVEZ-motorize blinds and shades | Indiegogo

Just ordered 4 devices and looking forward to test them out!

Looking forward to hearing more…

They started with bluetooth controlled units. They are just about to start sending those out. They have given everyone waiting for those, the opportunity to wait and have them changed to z-wave units.
I have decided to get the bluetooth version to test and just buy the z-wave version later if it is okay. I still hope that Vera will implement the bluetooth version anyway.

all my blinds are the “stick” kinds where they have a long wand/stick on the right that you twist to open them and a pull string on the left draw them up to the top of the window.
any way to convert those or these to work with the wand type of blinds? (just looking for ideas)
I would convert my wands over to chains/strings if something like this would work.

The Move could raise and lower your blinds but not tilt them (As far as I know). I think you would have to change them to beaded cord tilt control to do tilt as well. You would also need separate ones for raise/lower and tilt.

I was looking for any information if somebody got the Bluetooth version? I can’t understand how a Z-wave solution for this can so cheap… It looks so smart and easy but before I buy this I want to know about the Bluetooth… If somebody please can tell me I would definitely buy at least 8 pcs to my house!

Decided it’s worth the added cost and wait and am going to upgrade mine to the Zwave version

But wait how long? I decided I had waited long enough and I just want to trial it. If I like it I might jump on the funding wagon to get z-wave units discounted.

according to the IGG page, they are slated for shipping by March 2017. As I intend to redo my blinds by the end of the year anyway the wait is no issue. Also the location I intend to use them is kinda at the limit for a BT connection but well within my Z-Wave mesh with a GE device within 5 feet.

Anyone have tried MOVE ( bluetooth verson ) to be controlled by Vera Plus ? Waiting for Z-wave version is a long way. It’s better to try BT first.

Vera won’t support the BT version until they write the specific code to implement it. That will only happen based on demand. My worry is that if a z-wave version becomes available there will be no need for them to implement BT.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully get mine in time for my birthday in April!

Placed an order through your link, hope that you get some free ones.

Placed an order through your link, hope that you get some free ones.[/quote]

Tnx alot!
Im just one referral away from getting 2 free ones, so that would be nice :slight_smile: Tnx again!

Just purchased with your link so you should get a free one… I’ll add my link below and hopefully others will purchase off mind now…

Very kind man! Tnx alot! Looking forward to testing these badboys out! Tnx again!

Sounds awesome. I am not a kickstart/indigogo person but as soon as its for sale I will buy a bunch. I hope this shows up as a zwave shade for existing UI5.

If this becomes a thing I will happily make solar kits as an add-on so we dont need to worry about batteries.

As I remember, they come with solar panels.

They do come with solar panels. Seems people have received them and some minor issues have been found.
Seems the beaded chains make a clicking noise and they are redesigning the sprocket. Also in some cases the battery doesn’t seem to provide enough power for heavy blinds so you have to use the power supply. Teething problems mostly it seems so I’m pretty confident about the zwave version I upgraded mine to. Which should have most kinks worked out…

I am still waiting for the bluetooth version. Maybe its fortunate that it has not yet been delivered. That said, I don’t need it for beaded chain and hopefully it not a heavy blind.