Motion Sensors - Issues w/ Timings

This is not a reactor issue per say, but there may be a way to work around the issue with reactor.

Have 2 types of devices which are used as motion sensors - Jasco Motion Light Switches and Ecobee Thermostats and Smart Sensors. Sometimes I get a false positive alert if there is a change in lighting or if a mailman walks by a window and casts a show when dropping off a package on my porch.

Jasco Motion Light Switches
This is mostly resolved. I noticed that if this is triggered once, with polling and updating, it untrips in less than 30 seconds. So, think I have worked around this by having reactor track if the motion sensor was tripped for more than 30 seconds and only then do something. Not sure if there is a better way to perhaps bring this down the 15 seconds or even 10 seconds? The AutoUntrip does untrip the sensor, but if I walk around it doesnt stay triggered. Set this back as it mostly affects those devices that dont send an untrip back on the zwave network. In this case, parameter #15 (2 dec) sets the reset value (default 20s as value ‘2’). I set this to value ‘1’ for 10s, as this is the lowest possible, and have reactor now checking for a “double trigger” or more than 20s. This I can live with, and it gets rid of false positives.

Ecobee Thermostats and Smart Sensors
Using the old plugin that works still… not the alpha version that Ezlo is producing. So clearly this is not zwave based, but it would appear that once an even is triggered, it takes a LONG time to untrip. For instance, Living room smartsensor is tripped, but looking at the variables:

• LastTrip - 1609778338 - Monday, January 4, 2021 11:38:58 AM
  • LastUpdate - 1609783273 - Monday, January 4, 2021 1:01:13 PM
    Clearly using ‘5’ as AutoTrip is not doing anything… as this is still tripped, even though the even was nearly 90 minutes ago. Of course, I am in the room working, but appears as if the LastTrip value never updates. Perhaps if I left for a while, it would eventually retrip upon some reset. Any idea on how it would be possible to use this sensor to some useful effect? Like if there is motion for 20s?