Motion sensor->light delay?

I have a wired motion sensor on my DSC system that is configured in Vera using the DSC alarm plugin (DSC 1832, Envisalink 3, vera UI7 on Vera Plus controller). I have a scene set up such that when the motion sensor is triggered, a light turns on. This works as intended, however I’ve noticed that there is often a several second delay between when the motion sensor indicates it detects motion (LED on the sensor goes on) and when the light goes on. Watching the web interface, it would appear that the delay is in the vera, as in when I was watching I saw the delay between when the vera indicated motion and when the vera indicated it signaled the light to turn on, however that could just be display.

I was wondering if there might be any way to reduce this delay? Would using another mechanism, such as a PLEG device, to trigger the light on be faster? The scene that turns on the light also tigers a couple of other devices (such as a timer). Would it help any if I made a separate scene perhaps? Some way to “pair” the motion sensor with the light directly? Thanks for any suggestions.

I think the delay is inherent in the DSC to Envisalink 3 to Vera process. I figure there is a good second or two between the alarm panel tripping the sensor and it showing up on the Vera. Then in add a second or so for the z-wave command to process… I use PLEG for all of mine, but I don’t have a reason to think it is faster than a traditional scene - should be the same really…

For time critical automations like lighting I use other non-alarm panel sensors. Where the panel sensors shine is in pet-friendly detection. So the panel sensors generally control modes (HVAC Energy Savings Mode on a floor, QuietTime overnight mode that disables lights), while the other sensors control immediate lighting…

Since I posted this (I actually forgot that I had posted it - I guess getting ready to have your first kid kills memory cells) I actually upgraded my vera Lite to a Vera Plus, and that did seem to make a significant difference. The lag is now typically less than a second or so, which is completely acceptable. Thanks for the information though!