Motion Sensor Alert always sent

I am on a Vera Plus, with UI7

I am using a Linear WAPIRZ-1. Even though in Vera it is “Disarmed” I constantly get alerts in my dashboard every time I enter and leave the room.

How can I change this behavior? Do all Motion sensors set alerts in “Disarmed” mode??

I have the same issue with Zooz 4-in-1 sensor ZSE40 (battery) and Homeseer HSM200 sensor (line powered). However, I do NOT have this issue with Aeotec Outdoor Multisensor 5 DSB05 (battery). All devices are Z-Wave Plus Gen5, running on Vera Plus UI7.

I have the same, always a lot of “device changed” from both my fiber and aeotec sensors, pretty distracting, but i was waiting for next firmware to see if this is corrected while i try to learn to use the Veraplus

I actually questioned Zooz about this the other day. This was their response:

The sensor will still detect and report motion to the controller, even if unarmed (same goes for any motion sensor which may not be manually disabled). The “armed” function is there to control your notifications better so you can receive email or text message alerts when you’re away. As far as we understand, there is no way to disable alerts in Vera but you may get in touch with their support to see if they have perhaps recently introduced a way to turn alerts off for security devices.

Hallo!

I have the same problem with my aeon multisensor 6 in my living room.
Hundreds of alerts in the dashboard even if the sensor is not armed.

I asked Vera and they told me that the sensor sends the alerts and they can not do anything.
So the alerts in the dashboards are absolutly useless if there is no way to controll them.
Vera support wrote a script for me to clear all alerts on a daily base.

Maybe Vera support is not aware of this problem or thinks this is normal.
Just also open ticket and ask for help.

regards,
bernhard

All Vera needs to do, is the same that pay security systems do. Have a way to allow you to disarm certain sensors remotely as a group, then rearm them when you want the alarm. Disarming would turn them completely off during the disarmed period. Perhaps the software will allow you to do that now with a script. I am just new to Vera and Z-wave, but we have a FrontPoint security system with a little input panel now, and I can disarm it and even though my motion sensors show activity, nothing is alerted to me since I have those set to not notify. I still get a notification if I leave a door open for a selectable period of time. Other sensors like my water detection system will alert even if the system is disarmed. I had a water heater leak last week and the alarm was off, but as soon as the sensor was tripped, my panel started making noise, and they called me within one minute of the water sensor being tripped. When I build my new house, I am seriously considering using Vera for my security system. In any case, I will at least use Vera and Z-wave for home automation, even if I continue to use an off site security company.

FYI - Response from Vera Tech support:

[tt]At this moment our developers are working on something that should improve those alerts by letting you decide from which device you want to receive alerts and from which you don?t.[/tt]

No indication of when this “feature” will be available…

[quote=“tbackus, post:7, topic:192611”]FYI - Response from Vera Tech support:

[tt]At this moment our developers are working on something that should improve those alerts by letting you decide from which device you want to receive alerts and from which you don?t.[/tt]

No indication of when this “feature” will be available…[/quote]

I had this problem posted september 2015 , 9 months ago!!! And still the problem hasnt been solved.
The notifications can be unchecked in the house modes setting but the anoying alerts are still there!
The alerts are also there on my new Vera plus. The developers are always working on these problems, but still no update , and waiting and waiting >:(
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33774.0.html

Hallo!

I absolute agree with you. It has to be possible to stop getting alerts when a device is not armed.
It is absolut useless to get alarm from my living room motion sensor when I am at home and walk into my linving room.

We waited for a long time for the firmware update, so I hope this will be fixed when it it will be released.

regards,
bernhard

Unless Vera do something about this alert, the alert section is useless.

Any news about this issue?

I’ve learned to Ignore the dashboard almost completely, I find it really useless… I have not done any “security” setting with mine. I have the door and window sensors triggering scenes mostly.

I am having motion sensor connected via GE Concord Panel and my Motion sensor will always get triggered even when I am in HOME mode. Vera controller should not send any alert when the Sensor is NOT armed and in Home mode.

Can someone from Vera support comment on this? Thanks.

If you want Vera to respond make a support call. This is a user community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I solved the problem myself and sold my Vera Plus ! :slight_smile:
Im now playing/trying with Homeseer.