Monthly subscription for imperihome?

Same frustration here, I have the "old"PRO version on a phone and on a tablet.
Now I want to replace the tablet, it is having hardware trouble.
As far as I understand I cannot use the old PRO version anymore ?
Is that right, someone tried this already ?

You can not search for the pro app anymore , but the pro app should still be in your (playstore) library , from there you can install.

Cor

If the tablet is an iPad, you can backup the old and restore it to the new.

[quote=“Cor, post:62, topic:197860”]You can not search for the pro app anymore , but the pro app should still be in your (playstore) library , from there you can install.

Cor[/quote]
Bad luck, when I look in the play store under "previously installed apps, I can only find Imperihome, not Imperihome Pro…

[quote=“Cor, post:62, topic:197860”]You can not search for the pro app anymore , but the pro app should still be in your (playstore) library , from there you can install.

Cor[/quote]

Unfortunately… I can only find Imprerihome in "Previously installed apps"on play store, not Imperihome Pro.

Now I will seriously start looking for a (cheaper) alternative for Imperihome…

I set up last week a walltablet , under “library” it showed the pro version. And that was a brand new tablet.

Cor

That is funny, when I look on my android phone, I can only find Imperihome in "Previously installed apps"on play store, not Imperihome Pro.
But when I look on a Windows computer and login to Play store, I see more apps, also the Imperihome Pro. :o
edit: now it does not show the pro version on my windows pc anymore.

definitely going to try other remote apps, 60 bucks per year is ridiculous for an app like this

It is ridiculous. I am still grandfathered in with pro and would not pay anymore money. They were bought out by some other company a year ago or so and while updates come they never fix anything useful. While the last update should fix the remote hue problems the support emails go unanswered. For years we have asked to fix the text formatting problem on widgets. I supplied screenshots to them. And further to that the constant jumping back and forth when loading device states. Very annoying.

I’m hoping the update for UI8 and mobile app from Vera is as good as the poc picture they provided. If it is the first thing I’ll do is uninstall Imperhiome. The only good thing I have with Imperihome right now is it works well with the graphs I set up from DataMine2.

Other than that I no longer have many positive things to say about it.

Oh and also one more rant…I disable location services and don’t use their other objects. The gps/location retrieval kills phone battery. Maybe they fixed that but who knows.

[quote=“Cor, post:66, topic:197860”]I set up last week a walltablet , under “library” it showed the pro version. And that was a brand new tablet.

Cor[/quote]

Yep. Same here. Because of the way google seems to randomly sort apps it can be hard to find, but it was definitely there - after a bit of a hunt -for me about a week or so ago.

In case anyone else was as turned off by the $5/mo sub service as I was, you may be happy to know that starting this week they’ve added some additional choices to get the old Pro version of the application. If you log into your account at https://account.imperihome.com you should see an option on the left side there to add premium service to your account. I paid $13 for a (2) year subscription to the old Pro service. For $30 you can get 6 years.

Having the ability to use an old tablet with the HTTP/API makes it worth $13 for 2 years for me. I’m glad they finally came to their senses about that ridiculous pricing model.

[quote=“cmille34, post:70, topic:197860”]In case anyone else was as turned off by the $5/mo sub service as I was, you may be happy to know that starting this week they’ve added some additional choices to get the old Pro version of the application. If you log into your account at https://account.imperihome.com you should see an option on the left side there to add premium service to your account. I paid $13 for a (2) year subscription to the old Pro service. For $30 you can get 6 years.

Having the ability to use an old tablet with the HTTP/API makes it worth $13 for 2 years for me. I’m glad they finally came to their senses about that ridiculous pricing model.[/quote]

Have seen this. But why should I expand? I thougt my current (old) pro version would last forever…? Why would I renew? Would I be able to use that version besides my current one on another device?

It looks like it gives you access to the Pro version on 6 devices regardless of Ios/Android/Web. In my case I had a Pro license for IOS but not for Android so to pay $13 for this problem to go away for (2) years was worth it to me.

[quote=“ninkasi, post:69, topic:197860”][quote=“Cor, post:66, topic:197860”]I set up last week a walltablet , under “library” it showed the pro version. And that was a brand new tablet.

Cor[/quote]

Yep. Same here. Because of the way google seems to randomly sort apps it can be hard to find, but it was definitely there - after a bit of a hunt -for me about a week or so ago.[/quote]
Thanks, after trying harder to search I finally found it: via a windows pc I logged in to Playstore with my gmail address, and there I could even select on which device it should be installed.
Took me some time to remember the credentials, but now it is working, thanks a lot for your suggestions!

[quote=“mtx123, post:73, topic:197860”]Thanks, after trying harder to search I finally found it: via a windows pc I logged in to Playstore with my gmail address, and there I could even select on which device it should be installed.
Took me some time to remember the credentials, but now it is working, thanks a lot for your suggestions![/quote]

Hey mtx123. How did you make it work? My old tablet died on me a few weeks back. Like you, I logged in the Playstore via a windows pc and select to the new tablet to install it, but when I tried to open it, I was asked to login into the new site which I do not have one.

thanks
aztihg

[quote=“aztihg, post:74, topic:197860”]Hey mtx123. How did you make it work? My old tablet died on me a few weeks back. Like you, I logged in the Playstore via a windows pc and select to the new tablet to install it, but when I tried to open it, I was asked to login into the new site which I do not have one.

thanks
aztihg[/quote]

Sorry, some time ago…
Yes it worked, the way you descibed it seems to be the same way I did it.
You should select the PRO version of the app, and it will ask for the Imperihome credentials, which after some trial and error I was able to remember…