Missing Zone variable - UI7, Edge.

So, just started playing with this, and currently am stumped at getting the plugin to work for me. The issue at the moment appears to be the “Zone” variable is not being created automatically. Restarting Vera etc does not seem to get it to appear. Have uninstalled the plugin. reinstalled, deleted the device, recreated the device, created an extra device, manually created a device… no difference. Am I being too impatient? Or is there perhaps a way I can create the Zone variable manually via the new service/variable option?

Current status is I can control an led strip via the milight app, I have configured the milight bridge to run in udp, I have configured the ip address in the device in vera itself, everything looks like it’s working but if I try to turn the led strip on/off via Vera it says it’s doing it but nothing in fact happens. My assumption is that I need to put ‘1’ in the Zone variable, but of course it’s not there so I can’t do it… sigh… perhaps I’m missing something obvious? Any suggestions welcome. Cheers.

Ah. As Im using the MiLightRGBW plugin perhaps I was looking for “Zone” when I should now be looking for “Group”… There is a “Group” variable, and it’s set to “1” which is right. Perhaps something else is happening with my setup. Will have to investigate further.

Hello,

I always do so:

• Add the new device on Vera
  • I rename and save
  • I enter the IP address (eg 192.168.1.16:8899)
  • Click on “Advanced”, “New service”, “Relod Engine”, run the operation as long as I do not see the “group field”
  • I leave the device and return
  • Click on “variables” and insert in “mode setting” the value relative to the four group I want to use (eg “2 :;” do not forget the semicolons)
  • Click on “group” and insert in “mode setting” to the relative value of the four groups that want to use (eg “2”)
  • Unless and until rinserisco the data does not take the data and then everything works

I am attaching a printscreen so you understand better

Hello

Thanks for that - I had reached the stage where I could see the “Group” variable… I had been tricked by a lot of the descriptions talking about this being “Zone” when that apparently changes depending on the plugin.

Anyhow, I hadn’t thought about changing the ModeSetting variable from the default. Sadly, however, changing that to just show “1:;” as per your example does not appear to have made any difference for me. Are you using an ‘iBox2’ as well, or one of the older bridges? My params and variables screens now shows as per the attachments… I have a single RGBW LED strip at the moment, with that living on the first zone…

Other pertinent info - my bridge is set to 192.168.0.92, and is set to UDP and port 8899… and it all works perfectly using the app.

Hello,

I have both the ibox 2 that ibox 1. Unfortunately the real plugin does not work with ibox 2. I’ve tried a lot of times. It works with older ones with the black box label for instance. I’m also waiting for the plgin update but in the meantime I bought the old box. good day

Ah, well that might explain that then. I guess I’ll wait and maybe see if I can find one of the older controllers. Thanks!

I have one light in Zone 1 and one light in Zone 4. What should I put as the ModeSetting and Group settings for each of the two lights?

For the zone 1:

• mode settings: 1:;
  • Group settings: 1
    For the zone 4
  • mode setting: 4:;
  • Group settings: 4

Good work

Thanks. That does confirm how I have set things, but it is still not working.

I wonder whether it is a problem with the lump file. I have two json files in the loaded list. One is D_MiLightRGBW.json and the other is D_MiLightRGBW_UI7.json. Seem to have a mixture referenced in the xml files and so the prams shown. I am on v1.3 of the plugin.

Can anyone tell me their working setup for versions and luup files.

I am tempted to remove the plugin and all devices and start again if that would solve. otherwise edit the xml

Hi. What version bridge do you have? If it’s one of the newer ones (V6/ibox2) and nothing is working then that may be the issue.

Hello, apart from what I have told you you just have to put the IP address where required … For example 192.168.1.16:8899 please “relax engine”.