Missing buttons on Honeywell TH8320ZW1000

I just installed my TH8320ZW1000, replacing a non-z-wave Honeywell thermostat. It seems to be controlling the HVAC fine, but I cannot get to any of the schedule or programming (z-wave) functionality. The only buttons that show up are “fan”, “system”, temp up and down, “clock”, and “screen.” I have done extensive searches and cannot find anyone else with this problem. I have a Vera 3 and it doesn’t just automatically show up (as I expected). Thanks for the help!

I just noticed that I ordered the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U from Amazon and they sent me the TH8320ZW1000. Is there a difference?

I am good at replying to myself…

FYI, I did not use the THP9045 Wiring Module, because it seemed like I had the right wires from the air handler W2,R,Y,G,C,W. Could that be my issue?

No, that’s not your issue.
I just installed mine last week and had the same “issue”
The thermostat comes with the scheduling part disabled. this is why you can’t find the schedule.
In order to enable the scheduling you got to get into the advance settings and enable it. Function 0160 enables or disables programming.
Same goes for including it in your zwave network (function rf10):

page 12 in the manual:

homesecurity.honeywell.com/documents/69-2485EFS_A.pdf

But hey, one needs to read the manual… :slight_smile:

You rock. Going home at lunch to try. I swear I read the manual (up to page 10. When they started talking about how to replace a battery I lost interest). Many thanks for the quick reply!

Like I said, been there too.
I lost interest in the manual about at the same page when I installed it, eager to see it up and running.

But then I went back and read the advances function section.
I even discovered other interesting features there.
Unfortunately not all of them have clear explanations of all the features but just the possible values/states.
I guess the manual assumes you are in the thermostats business for a long time and a lot of the things are taken for granted.

I read a lot of people complaining about the lack of support and Honneywell hushing them away saying that is a pro job and not a DYI.
On the other side I’ve heard you can find the same unit at Homedepot (online only though) not only on Amazon. so then, which is it?
Is it consumer or dealer/pro product?

Good luck!

Did the trick! I am up and running on MIOS. I still don’t understand the difference between the two models I mentioned above. I went back to Amazon and the manual they have posted for the YTH8320ZW1007/U says TH8320ZW1000 on the cover. Must be OEM versus retail or something like that. Onward to figuring out what to do with an alarm now. I have a wired and monitored ADT system and owuld love to re-use the wired components instead of re-buying all the z-way sensors. This is going to be fun.

So I have this function enabled but in vera, I cannot see the schedule option. Is there a way to enable the schedule in vera?

[quote=“ddemir, post:4, topic:172676”]No, that’s not your issue.
I just installed mine last week and had the same “issue”
The thermostat comes with the scheduling part disabled. this is why you can’t find the schedule.
In order to enable the scheduling you got to get into the advance settings and enable it. Function 0160 enables or disables programming.
Same goes for including it in your zwave network (function rf10):

page 12 in the manual:

homesecurity.honeywell.com/documents/69-2485EFS_A.pdf

But hey, one needs to read the manual… :)[/quote]

In your Vera you will not be able to see or modify the schedule that you put in via the Honeywell thermostat [Sched][Edit] process.

You have a couple of choices:

[ul][li]Keep schedules in the thermostat and just override them with the Vera manually. (Note that as long as you are not in Energy mode the thermostat will still change the setpoints at the next scheduled time.)[/li]
[li]Keep only basic scheduled in the thermostat and use “Scenes” in Vera with “Schedules” and/or “Triggers” to manage exceptions to the schedule. (You will still need to be aware of the basic schedule so you can ensure your Scenes occur after any changes the thermostat will make itself.)[/li]
[li]Do not schedule the changes in the thermostat. Only manage it via “Scenes” in Vera . (Downside is if the Z-Wave network fails or vera is down then the temperature will not be managed at all. Sometimes it is nice to have the thermostat reset itself even if automation is lost.)[/li][/ul]

I am currently working on a project where I am using the Google Calendar plugin (GCal) and 6 Honeywell thermostats. Most of the building staff don’t have access to the Vera at all. They log in to a specified Google Calendar and set up events with predetermined names (like “ROOM1_ON”). The thermostat goes from our normal temp (60F for vacant room) to our normal full time (69F) for the period of time that the event is active. This was done with some simple scenes that trigger based on the GCal. I am also playing with some modifications that allow me to modify the heat setpoint change making it earlier based on the forecast temperature.

Long and short, the “local schedule” in the Honeywell is always independent of the changes the Vera will make and is not visible in the Vera UI. So you need to be aware of it to avoid a Vera schedule that moves the setpoint up at 6:45 only to be undone by a local setting for 7:00. Make Notifications your friend including changes of setpoint until you are confident you have mastered any conflicts. Good luck!

Sounds pretty cool. Ill have to check out the Gcal.

[quote=“brian.k, post:9, topic:172676”]In your Vera you will not be able to see or modify the schedule that you put in via the Honeywell thermostat [Sched][Edit] process.

You have a couple of choices:

[ul][li]Keep schedules in the thermostat and just override them with the Vera manually. (Note that as long as you are not in Energy mode the thermostat will still change the setpoints at the next scheduled time.)[/li]
[li]Keep only basic scheduled in the thermostat and use “Scenes” in Vera with “Schedules” and/or “Triggers” to manage exceptions to the schedule. (You will still need to be aware of the basic schedule so you can ensure your Scenes occur after any changes the thermostat will make itself.)[/li]
[li]Do not schedule the changes in the thermostat. Only manage it via “Scenes” in Vera . (Downside is if the Z-Wave network fails or vera is down then the temperature will not be managed at all. Sometimes it is nice to have the thermostat reset itself even if automation is lost.)[/li][/ul]

I am currently working on a project where I am using the Google Calendar plugin (GCal) and 6 Honeywell thermostats. Most of the building staff don’t have access to the Vera at all. They log in to a specified Google Calendar and set up events with predetermined names (like “ROOM1_ON”). The thermostat goes from our normal temp (60F for vacant room) to our normal full time (69F) for the period of time that the event is active. This was done with some simple scenes that trigger based on the GCal. I am also playing with some modifications that allow me to modify the heat setpoint change making it earlier based on the forecast temperature.

Long and short, the “local schedule” in the Honeywell is always independent of the changes the Vera will make and is not visible in the Vera UI. So you need to be aware of it to avoid a Vera schedule that moves the setpoint up at 6:45 only to be undone by a local setting for 7:00. Make Notifications your friend including changes of setpoint until you are confident you have mastered any conflicts. Good luck![/quote]