Minimote saying "waiting for wakeup to configure device" after update to 1.7.760

My vera system has been pretty stable since I set it up. I had one lamp module that kept falling off the network and showing as “no longer connected” but moving it to a better spot seemed to fix that.

I updated the firmware to 1.7.760 on Saturday and immediately after I got a “device no longer connected” message on the dashboard. I immediately figured it was the lamp module but upon further inspection it seems to be my minimote. says “waiting for wake-up to configure device”. I’ve tried the include button to “wake it up”. didn’t work.

At present i have a single button executing some LUUP code to my sonos system and even with this “waiting for wake-up” message, the remote does work. I really don’t want to remove/re-add if I don’t have to because I’ll have to go through setting up the whole Luup thing again. I can if I have to.

Any ideas why this would be happening? Is my best bet to remove/re-add the remote? If so, I’ll document everything (including code) before I remove and then I’ll re-add/reconfigure to see what happens.

Thanks,

Roveer

A little more searching on this site found the following solutions which seems to have worked.

"This issue is easy to fix…

Make sure the minimote is awake, and reconfigure the device…

1. go to the device settings/Advanced/Commands page.
  2. press and hold any button on the remote.
  3. click on “Configure node right now”
  4. release the button on the remote.
    [/quote

When I updated my Vera Edge to firmware version 1.7.1693 I then had the same issue with my minimotes and following these instructions got rid of the message about waiting for device to wakeup to configure.

Cheers"

I had the same issue, the red banner waiting to configure device. For anyone that comes across this thread all you need to do is wakeup the minimote by doing the following

Press and hold the button labeled “Learn” for 3 seconds ? The Minimote will stay awake for 30 seconds.

[quote=“birchey, post:3, topic:190852”]I had the same issue, the red banner waiting to configure device. For anyone that comes across this thread all you need to do is wakeup the minimote by doing the following

Press and hold the button labeled “Learn” for 3 seconds ? The Minimote will stay awake for 30 seconds.[/quote]

This worked for me exactly as described. Thank you for the tip!

I have now tried this a couple of dozen times with my 2 mini motes and neither of them are found yet they both work just fine. I just hate having devices that toss up the red errors.

Hi
I had the same issue. In the end I just removing the minmote and then readded the device back to my VERA. No more error message…

Just received 2 v1 I ordered and updated to v1.19. Took a few tries but they included fine as MiniMotes after that.
These lil things rock! I have one setup to control Sonos and the other one right now is in the car controlling home/away and my garage door until I can get homelink to play nice with my GDO.

Next time I find them for $17 I’m gonna grab a couple more.

I had to do remove and install my 4 mini-motes as well as my 9 sensors (2 door and 7 motion).

One problem I’ve noted is one of my motion sensors takes forever to fire. It used to be fast before I had to remove and include, and then rewrite my scenes.

I removed and included the sensor next to my Vera Plus instead of the room that was 20 feet away. Does anyone know if this might be the problem? If so, is there a fix other than removeing and including in the actual room?