Minimizing Conditions and Actions

I currently have two related conditions. However, I want to make other conditions identical to these two conditions but using the North, West, South lights instead of the East light. Is there a more efficient way of doing this instead of making 6 more similar conditions for North, West, South lights respectively?

EastLight_ON No !EastLightON AND Night AND EastMotion
EastLight_Keep Yes (EastLightON AND EastMotion AND (EastLightON; EastMotion)) OR EastLight_ON OR EastLightON

From my understanding, PLEG only evaluates when a listed trigger is activated. This means that multiple conditions have little impact on performance if that is your concern. Having 5 triggers with 5 conditions or 5 triggers with 10 conditions are more or less the same.

Now if you want to reduce them for your own personal desire to tidy up your condition screen that’s another story.

[quote=“RHINESEL, post:2, topic:190333”]From my understanding, PLEG only evaluates when a listed trigger is activated. This means that multiple conditions have little impact on performance if that is your concern. Having 5 triggers with 5 conditions or 5 triggers with 10 conditions are more or less the same.

Now if you want to reduce them for your own personal desire to tidy up your condition screen that’s another story.[/quote]

I’ll be honest, I’m not 100% sure this is correct, hopefully someone else can clarify though.

I’ve found the bigger the pleg, ie the more conditions the longer it takes to respond.

I started with a very simple alarm pleg, I then added sensor checks etc pre arming and the actual arm moved from being the first to about the 7th condition.

Even though none of the initial conditions change status (or none of the constitute parts) there is now a significant delay before I get armed feedback when setting.

Same applies to my lighting pleg. The lights in the earlier conditions respond much more quickly to motion than those in the latter conditions, by up to 5-6 seconds