mimolite and UI4

I just bought a mimolite and have an original beta vera1 running an old version of UI4 and for many reasons I can’t/won’t upgrade. The mimolite is recognized as a light switch, which is fine for the garage door I want to control. How do I get the sensor to work? I see there are plugins for later versions of vera, can it be reversed engineered for UI4?

Is there anyone out there even using UI4 anymore?

[quote=“tt55du, post:1, topic:185120”]I just bought a mimolite and have an original beta vera1 running an old version of UI4 and for many reasons I can’t/won’t upgrade. The mimolite is recognized as a light switch, which is fine for the garage door I want to control. How do I get the sensor to work? I see there are plugins for later versions of vera, can it be reversed engineered for UI4?

Is there anyone out there even using UI4 anymore?[/quote]

Ui5 is the most stable and I’m not sure why you won’t go to that (I would’t go to ui7), but I won’t go any further on that if it’s outta the question.

The mimolite when installed only installs one light switch as you said that’s normal. After that you need to go to the app store and download the mimolite app. Then you open it an go to advanced and in variables section under Variables, MIMO_Devices box you need to add the device number of that light switch (or the main mimolite parent device that is) from there that plugin creates 3 more child devices from that main device. All of this can be found on the mimolite website instructions for adding it to vera. I think your UI4 will probley work you just failed finish the rest of the steps.

If this doesn’t work then upgrade to ui5.

EDIT: looks like your screwed. Here is the instructions. And it says right at the top make sure your on atleast ui5.
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/MIMOlite

Thanks for trying, but vera1 was capped at UI4 or I would try to upgrade. I have deep integration and moving to a new vera will likely break lots of things, so I really need to look into all of potential issues.

Ui5 wont break anything but ui7 possible depending on what you have (can’t be much since vera1 is very limited)