MiLight/Easybulb/LimitlessLED Plugins

I’ve been playing with one of the WiFi modules that are/were used in the bridge (shortly to control my blinds). I noticed that the module goes into some type of sleep state if not used for a while. This could explain your issue. Maybe my bridge has an earlier version of the module which doesn’t do this.

One solution to this is to have the plugin send a periodic dummy command to keep the module awake. This is working in my blind plugin and may also solve your problem with MiLightWU1. I’ve attached a new version of I_MiLightWU1.xml with this keep-alive functionality. If you would like to try it out, I would appreciate your feedback. It is working fine on my system but hang-on to the previous version of the file in case I broke something. ;D

i can live with sending the first command twice …
ill put your version on and test it a few hours (almost sunset anyway) :wink:

what blinds do you refering to ?
i search somethings for blinds quite some time already

what blinds do you refering to ?
My solution is for Somfy RTS blinds but should also work for any RF-controlled blind. I add a WiFi module to a spare remote so that my plugin can [i]press the buttons[/i] via UDP commands. It is one-way communication but then so is the RF remote. The blind is programmed for open, closed and intermediate positions.

NEW Brighter 9WATT! RGB Colour and WarmWhite LED in 1 bulb!
limitlessled.com/shop/rgbw-color-led-light-bulb

The new RGBW API details are available here
limitlessled.com/dev

You can directly set the brightness, but it ramps up and ramps down based on the setting. we will hopefully add new timer and instant low brightness settings in the next version.

Regards,
Hamish.
-LimitlessLED.

Ate the 9 watts compatible to the old wifi bridges ?

They are brighter 9Watts RGB Colour and WarmWhite LED in 1 bulb. They only work with the new RGBW 4 Channel Colour Remote or the new LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge 3.0. The wifi bridge is backwards compatible with White, RGB and RGBW bulbs, but the new RGBW colour remote only works with the new RGBW bulbs.

They are also available on the LimitlessLED website. Both the standard B22 bayonet style, and the E27 screw cap style for RGB+W are available. And work universally on all voltages 90-250V.

-Hamish.

I have uploaded new versions of MiLightWU1 and MiLightCU1 plugins - the dimmable light emulators. The new versions now include a KeepAlive function which sends a dummy command to the WiFi bridge every 60 seconds to keep it connected and alert. I believe this is making the bridge more responsive.

Because you can have multiple devices connected to a single bridge, the plugins check all instances using the same IP address and only one device (the one with the lowest device ID) will start the KeepAlive function.

Only the I_MiLightWU1.xml and I_MiLightCU1.xml files have been changed so they are all you need to upload to Vera if you have the plugins installed. I also converted the instructions from RTF to PDF.

Hi Hamish,

So happy you brought an affordable competitor to the Philips RGBW bulbs. I’m a little confused about the capabilities of the 3.0 wifi bridge. Does the bridge offer 4 zones of independent RGBW control?

I have knocked-up a dimmable-light plugin for the new MiLight RGB+W lamps with the V3 WiFi Bridge. This is very alpha-level code. I don’t have the hardware to test it but it installs on Vera and I have verified that it is sending the commands as per the documentation provided by Hamish.

If anyone has the new hardware and fancies being a test-pilot, the plugin and instructions are available here: MiLightRGBW

You will need to set your router’s DHCP to always give the V3 bridge the same IP address and then enter that address into MiLightRGBW’s IPaddr field on the Advanced tab.

You can now relax put your feet up and enjoy the night.

You can now relax put your feet up and enjoy the night.[/quote]
Last time I replaced an rtf with a pdf, you suggested a cold-one. Are you now concerned about my alcohol intake?

I just had a few moments to play with the updated (v3) plugin and it does seem to mostly work … thanks Rex. Enroll worked. I do notice some problems with the brightness setting whilst in white mode where the dimmest setting seems to be in the centre of the slider and just adjacent to ‘-’ is the brightest, + is mid level, but I’ll report back later on that after I’ve had more time. The Hue value does set different colours OK. BTW this is using the 6W RGBW (not the newer 9W)

i have ordered a V3 Bridge as well … for a set of LED downlights …

will report in a few days and can betatest as well

I’ve uploaded a new version of MiLightRGBW. This has been adjusted to match the subtleties of the RGBW lamp and V3 bridge. The included PDF reflects the changes but, briefly:

[ul][li]SetDiscoMode now requires newDiscoMode argument (1-9)[/li]
[li]Disco button replaced by SetMode with input field for DiscoMode (1-9)[/li]
[li]SetDiscoRate newDiscoRate range is now 1-8[/li]
[li]Dim level scaling changed to suit lamp characteristics[/li]
[li]Several configuration options changed[/li][/ul]

The disco effects mode is a real challenge with this lamp. When engaged, it sets the lamp to full brightness and overwrites the previous stored levels for both white and colour modes. It also behaves differently if the previous mode was white or colour. I have chosen to let disco mode run at full brightness unless the configuration option RDL is set. The plugin will restore the previously set dim level when the lamp is switched to white or colour modes.

There is similar fun and games with the disco effects rate. The lamp switches to rate 6 whenever the disco mode is changed. By default the plugin resets the lamp to the previously set value. If you set configuration option NRR then the plugin will leave the lamp running at its default rate and set the state-variable accordingly.

Please let me know what else you find. ;D

I’ve measured the white-light output of the RGB+W lamp. Test results are here. It is considerably better than the old RGB lamp but still not as bright as the dedicated White version.

My lamp is labelled 6W - I have not been able to find the 9W version mentioned by Hamish. If you are seeing this, Hamish, what’s the story?

Hi Rex,

I think you can grab the 9w RGBW here → http://www.easybulb.com/easybulb-rgbw/

Thanks @markrosssmith. I think they just added that 'cos it wasn’t there two days ago. ??? I don’t think I want to spend another 20 quid just so I can measure it and test it on the plugin. I’ll let someone else be the guinea-pig. I already have two lamps I don’t use 'cos they’re too dim.

If the 820 lumens output is true, it should be brighter than the white lamp. Hopefully they haven’t changed the way it responds to commands relative to the 6W version and it will work with the MiLightRGBW plugin. I shall await comments…

@RexBecket
If someone else wants the details of this lamp … I am sure they will buy the bulb for you to test.

I am waiting for 12w LEDs … then we might have some good illumination.

I am waiting for 12w LEDs ... then we might have some good illumination.
I quite agree. I'm all for saving energy but, at my age, I need all the light I can get. ;D

I’ve been experimenting with ways to remove a lamp from a group/zone. As far as I can tell, this is not possible with the Android app and I have also not been able to achieve it from a Vera plugin. I can’t even get it to work by sending timed UDP packets from a PC. I’m more or less convinced that the V3 bridge doesn’t support it.

This means that you may need to buy the appropriate hardware remote to allow you to manage your groups. The remote allows you to remove a lamp from all its associations in one go. To do this, you turn the lamp power off then turn it back on and, within three seconds, hit the Group On button (to which it was associated) five times. If successful, the lamp will flash about six times.