Migrate Inputs, Conditions, Actions to another PLEG

Is there any easy way to migrate from one PLEG device to another? I want to split my PLEG load into two devices, but don’t want to enter everything that needs to be moved manually.

1. From the current PLEG instance, select Editor Options > Backup/Export. Export the entire logic to a file on your computer.
  2. On the new PLEG instance, which should have NOTHING in it, select Editor Options > Restore/Import. Select the file created in step 1 on your computer and import it into the new instance of PLEG.
  3. While still in the new instance of PLEG, delete any unnecessary triggers, properties, conditions, ect… keeping only those needed in the second instance.
  4. Return to the first PLEG and remove all (unnecessary) references to the items now located in PLEG #2. *see note below
  5. Back up BOTH instances of PLEG again. Use a different name for each. You should have 3 backups now, the combined original and two splits.
  • Keep in mind that you will need to have a copy of basic items (such asa 30 second timer schedule if used) in each instance of PLEG where it is called. PLEG can NOT call a schedule in once instance from another instance.

Unfortunately, it seems that it will only restore to the device it was backed up from. I didn’t see a way to override that.

Open PLEG A
Create a backup file.
Close PLEG A
Open PLEG B
Restore backup file created with PLEG A.

Tested and working w Vera Secure on 1.7.3233