Migrate Google OAuth Warning from Google

Hello @amg0 and others. I’m receiving the below message from Google warning that the way we get map data (authing to Google to do so) is being dprecated. Anyone else seeing this and are there plans to fix/support this?

iPhoneLocator continues to be at the heart of a lot of my automation. It does its job better than any other service (especially the native choice).

Thoughts?

<<<<<<
Hello Google OAuth Developer,

We are writing to inform you that OAuth out-of-band (OOB) flow will be deprecated on October 3, 2022, to protect users from phishing and app impersonation attacks.

What do I need to know?

Starting October 3, 2022, we will block OOB requests to Google’s OAuth 2.0 authorization endpoint for existing clients. Apps using OOB in testing mode will not be affected. However, we strongly recommend you to migrate them to safer methods as these apps will be immediately blocked when switching to in production status.

Note: New OOB usage has already been disallowed since February 28, 2022.

Below are key dates for compliance

• September 5, 2022: A user-facing warning message may be displayed to non-compliant OAuth requests
  • October 3, 2022: The OOB flow is blocked for all clients and users will see the error page.

Please check out our recent blog post about Making Google OAuth interactions safer for more information.

What do I need to do?

Migrate your app(s) to an appropriate alternative method by following these instructions:

1. Determine your app(s) [client type]from your Google Cloud project by following the client links below.
  2. Migrate your app(s) to a more secure alternative method by following the instructions in the blog post above for your client type.

If necessary, you may request a [one-time extension] for migrating your app until January 31, 2023. Keep in mind that all OOB authorization requests will be blocked on February 1, 2023.

The following OAuth client(s) will be blocked on Oct 3, 2022.

OAuth client list:

Disregard. I used the same project for another HomeAutomation effort (Home Assistant) and it’s that key that is being warned about.

Apologies.

1 Like