Mertik FirePlace control

I’am able to control the fire place through the rfxmanager tool. However I cannot get a working device created through the plugin. I can see in the plugin that it receives the signal send by the remote control. Create device automatically is ON but no device is created.

The remote is a Mertik G6R-H4TD.
Trying to do this manually also doesn’t work (I cannot see anything for Mertik in the category list)

In the log I get messages like: luup_log:80: RFXtrx: warning: No decode method for message: 08 42 02 0A 00 F2 BC 02 71
I’am running version 1.80 and Vera 7.31. How can I create the device in my Vera+?

I believe that I can add this device to the plugin. I’m working on the next version now and adding this will be fairly simple compared to some other changes I’m trying to make.

Thanks that would be great. Just let me know if you need more information.

Has the Mertik G6R-H4TD been included in the latest release?

All I’ve done is add this Mertik thermostat to the existing Mertik devices. I’ve not changed any of the functionality that was already there. So for these devices nothing has changed since before I started maintaining this plugin. Looking at the code it appears that the plugin may only reflect actions commanded by the remote control. I don’t think any control can be commanded by the plugin UI. You should be able to have the device auto-created and when using the remote you should see changes appear in the plugin UI. This looks like something I may be able to improve on but I’m not sure. This device uses a standard minimal thermostat UI which displays the on/off state with the On/Off control, an Up and a Down button to increase or decrease the temperature setting, and a display of temperature. The RFXtrx transceiver can transmit on/off and up or down commands (although at this point the plugin doesn’t do that) but it does not provide any temperature data so it really only simulates a simple remote control. If I add the capability of sending on/off and temperature up/down commands to the plugin I would probably eliminate the temperature display since there is no temperature data (setting or actual) to display.

Thanks for your quick reply. I had a look at the logic used. As you mention the plugin is able to do " on", “off”, “up” and “down”. However the way the logic is implemented makes that pushing down twice will switch to “off” which is not very handy (not handy at all :wink:). Basically only heater on and heater off are used and some logic must determine whether “on” is indeed “on” or is “up”. This works fine however “down” is either “down” or “off”. This doesn’t work.

I’ll check a bit further in the weekend.