Meanwhile :: Waiting for my VeraSecure to be replaced [Which it is now!]

If you don’t reboot it at least one a day, this is what you get:

[url=https://youtu.be/zBEybTRKgJU]2018.11.27 How My Vera Secure Looks Every Day - YouTube

And if you try to do anything like working with Scenes or with PLEG, it will crash hard! I’m holding off of adding more devices because it is completely unstable.

I started this conversation (and got an RMA) in August and it is going to be December tomorrow. Here is my main issue with the RMA: You asked me to send in my unit first but said there wasn’t anything available to replace my unit. When asked how long I’d be without a unit the response was that the time-frame was unknown and they’d get back to me when there was stock. There hasn’t been any communication since September 30 until I sent another email yesterday. . . .

Don’t hold your breath. I went through this twice with Vera. I had enough and threw away my Vera. Now starting over with Hubitat controller.

Received my unit over the weekend. Thank you Vera Team. I will get to figuring out how best to do the swap.

I can tell you what causes this. Loss of internet connection after an extended time online. Anyone with a VeraSecure can duplicate the problem by unpluging the network cable. In your case, your Vera is not acknowledging a network connection.

I got my VeraSecure because of the built in battery in case of a power failure to keep my alarm system online. Wow, what a wast of money. Power goes out, internet off, and Vera goes into la-la land. Not a problem with VeraPlus or VeraEdge.

BTW, loose the reset tool and unplug the battery. That way, all you need to do is unplug it to reset it to do a power reset.
Tom

[quote=“ZW-Tom, post:4, topic:200158”]I can tell you what causes this. Loss of internet connection after an extended time online. Anyone with a VeraSecure can duplicate the problem by unpluging the network cable. In your case, your Vera is not acknowledging a network connection.

I got my VeraSecure because of the built in battery in case of a power failure to keep my alarm system online. Wow, what a wast of money. Power goes out, internet off, and Vera goes into la-la land. Not a problem with VeraPlus or VeraEdge.

BTW, loose the reset tool and unplug the battery. That way, all you need to do is unplug it to reset it to do a power reset.
Tom[/quote]

Several points:

1. My VeraSecure is on a GigaBit network and very rarely loses internet connectivity.
  2. The battery didn’t factor into my purchase because all of my computer, network and security systems have battery back-up already. (Some even have double-battery back-up.)
  3. The wires on the battery are VERY delicate. I’d rather use the tool any day instead of messing up those wires. (Besides - the reset tool is easier.)

I know the cause of this issue and that’s why I have the replacement unit. :slight_smile: