Maximum of 10 Actions in Meshbot?

Is there a maximum of 10 Actions allowed in each Meshbot? If I have more than 10, the Meshbot does not execute.

Hello @brausse!

No, MeshBots do not have a limit of 10 actions. Could you please share your MeshBot setup in order to have more information about what could be failing?

Here is a printout of the meshbot I use to make sure certain devices are OFF every night. There are 10 actions in this meshbot and it works but if I add 1 more action, the meshbot no longer works either when triggered at 3AM or if manually RUN.
All OFF Meshbot with 10 Actions.pdf (641.4 KB)

@brausse thank you for the meshbot layout. Would it be possible to create a support user under your account and use your lights along with the meshbots for testing purposes?

I used this LUA code in a meshbot last summer for an all off command. Seemed to work fine. Might be a work around if 10 actions limit is real.

require “core”
local items = core.get_items()
if items then
for _, item in ipairs( items ) do
if item.name == “switch” then
local device = core.get_device( item.device_id )
if device and ( device.category == “dimmable_light” or ( device.category == “switch” and ( device.subcategory == “interior_plugin” or device.subcategory == “exterior_plugin” or device.subcategory == “in_wall” ) ) ) then
core.set_item_value( item.id, false )
end
end
end
end

2 Likes

Sorry for the dumb question but will LUA run on ezlo? I used a little LUA on my vera, I’ve forgotten most of it. That would make an awesome virtual switch.

I have run this exact code in an Ezlo Plus last summer as a meshbot.

not sure why the formatting (indents) dropped out but you can add that back.

p.s. to make this an “All On” command just change one line

to: core.set_item_value( item.id, true )

Thanks!

Giving that a shot

By the way, we are on to creating device groups in meshbots. You will be doing this exactly with a single action line in meshbots.
Stay tuned !

1 Like

osmanEzlo Staff

By the way, we are on to creating device groups in meshbots. You will be doing this exactly with a single action line in meshbots.
Stay tuned !

That will be nice!! Its cumbersome to add every device as an action when say you are turning off all basement lights, or family room lights, … a shorthand way to deal with commonly grouped devices will be helpful.

1 Like