Mary TTS not working with vera?

I had the microsoft engine working. but decided to give marytts a try.
i installed it and it works locally (i get the web interface and can TTS). but when i switch the engine to mary in vera DLNA plugin settings and put in my server/port in the url. i get nothing.
what am i doing wrong?

I don’t use the DLNA plugin but I use the Sonos one by the same author. Which has the same option to use TTS. No problems using MaryTTS with that. I have MaryTTS running on a local server.

• In the MaryTTS field of the plugin, did you enter the MaryTTS URL with the :59125 port value attached like Eg http://10.10.5.14:59125?
  • Did you set the default language to en-US or en-GB? Mary does not understand default language en. She also does not seem to understand the other languages available in the plug-in settings.

No problems getting her to pipe up via my Sonos speakers setting it up like above.

[quote=“BOFH, post:2, topic:192301”]I don’t use the DLNA plugin but I use the Sonos one by the same author. Which has the same option to use TTS. No problems using MaryTTS with that. I have MaryTTS running on a local server.

• In the MaryTTS field of the plugin, did you enter the MaryTTS URL with the :59125 port value? Eg http://10.10.5.14:59125
  • Did you set the default language to en-US or en-GB? Mary does not understand default language en. She also does not understand a number of the other languages.

No problems getting her to pipe up via my Sonos speakers setting it up like above. But no peep out of her using any of the other languages available in the plug-in settings.[/quote]

I got it working a few minutes after your reply :slight_smile:
i had 2 issues
1st i had just “en” and not en-us
which read a minute ago in another thread.
and i had a “/” at the end of my server:port url
she’s working now :slight_smile:

any tips on how to tweak the voice from the cli (ubuntu VM)
the default is kind of slow and robotic.

Click the ‘Interactive link’ link at the bottom of the maryTTS webpage found at port 59125. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to tweak the voice from the shell with default settings. Only via parameters included in the HTML call for like inflection and speed to name but a few. Which is not supported by either plugin at this time. To implement it would mean a lot of work for plugin’s author and may cause issues with those using the other TTS servers. Also not all of Mary’s voices seem to support these options.