Luup code for custom notification

Is there any way of customizing the information that is sent in a push notification from the Vera Mobile app?
Eg. slimming an alert down to just say “Alarm Armed” or “Alarm Disarmed” as an example (instead of “Alarm Partition 1 located in Basemen…”). Right now the push notification has too much info to display in the alert. Even if its with luup code to manually send an alert if this is possible?

Secondly, I seem to be receiving duplicate push notifications to my phone and cannot figure out why. I removed all notifications and all scenes that send notifications. Rebooted the Vera, and rebooted my phone. But i seem to get 2 push alerts every time a notification is sent. I do not get duplicate emails, so I know the Vera controller isn’t triggering the notification. Seems to be an issue with the push service, just not sure why… anyone else experience this?

If you use Vera Alerts Plugin for the notifications you can customize the Alerts!
Lots of delivery options.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:188510”]If you use Vera Alerts Plugin for the notifications you can customize the Alerts!
Lots of delivery options.[/quote]
Can you still do push notifications though (Android?). I thought I read that push notifications werent possible with Vera Alerts?

The Vera Alert Plugin supports Push Notifications to just about any device.

Android - Use the Vera Alerts App (Android App Store)
Use the Pushbullet App (Android App Store)

IOS - Use Pushbullet
Use Pushover
Use Prowl

It also supports many other options.

I use Tasker and AutoRemote. We can set rich notification with custom icons, picture, action on tap or on dismiss, 3 action buttons inside.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:4, topic:188510”]The Vera Alert Plugin supports Push Notifications to just about any device.

Android - Use the Vera Alerts App (Android App Store)
Use the Pushbullet App (Android App Store)

IOS - Use Pushbullet
Use Pushover
Use Prowl

It also supports many other options.[/quote]
Hi Richard,
I installed your VeraAlerts plugin and looks like it’s solved the multiple notification issue which is awesome. But how do I customize the notification message that is sent??
I found this: http://rts-services.com/Android/VeraAlerts/Plugin.html
But the info about notification from LUUP is blank (also states UI5 so maybe I just stumbled on an old page?)…

If you call the notification from LUA code … you customize the message before you send the notification.

The “Notification Configuration” tab in the Vera Alerts plugin will allow you to customize the “Vera” defined notifications on devices.

Call me crazy, but this is what I’ve been looking for all along and still cant find it on your site?

EDIT:
Nevermind RTS… started using PLEG as well and everything makes sense now :smiley:
Thanks for your help!