Lua Failure

I am running a vera lite UI5, EVL3 and the DSC plug in for several years. In general it has been very reliable up until 2 weeks ago. I am getting a Lua failure when I try and execute a scene that arms the system. This has woked extremely well in the past but recently I have the failure. I rebooted many times, removed my auto reboot at 3am,uninstalled recent plug ins, etc but am still getting lua failure.

I can ping the EVL3 and it works, login to the device using the web interface and hat seems to be working but I have no idea why I am getting this error. Any help, suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Have you updated your firmware recently? Recent versions have an error which corrupts Lua code. This may explain why things suddenly stopped working.

[hr]

…although this problem may be limited to UI7 systems, not sure. Since you’re running UI5, you probably haven’t updated recently?

I don’t use Vera scenes per se but I do make extensive use of Lua code to. Two days ago I moved one of my Vera Plus units from 1.7.2044 to 1.7.2138 and my DSC has started behaving strangely, it arms but always “Away” rather than “Instant/Stay” Similarly I moved the other Vera Plus to 2138 yesterday and lost my Fibaro Door/Window sensors and my KwikSet front door lock.

No firmware changes to Lite UI5 in some time but I have heard about the UI7 Lua issue.

[quote=“klopfensteinj, post:1, topic:194262”]I am running a vera lite UI5, EVL3 and the DSC plug in for several years. In general it has been very reliable up until 2 weeks ago. I am getting a Lua failure when I try and execute a scene that arms the system. This has woked extremely well in the past but recently I have the failure. I rebooted many times, removed my auto reboot at 3am,uninstalled recent plug ins, etc but am still getting lua failure.

I can ping the EVL3 and it works, login to the device using the web interface and hat seems to be working but I have no idea why I am getting this error. Any help, suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.[/quote]

I’m having the exact same issues over since about 2-weeks ago. The evl4 works fine through the web browser, but vera is not seeing it anymore. As a result, many of my scenes are no longer working… Very frustrating! I have not upgraded my F/W in some months. Currently: You are running the latest version: 1.7.2139

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Shannon