Low cost contact (door/window) sensors working with VeraPlus

Thank you ChrisK!

The newer contact at Lowes also does Temperature.

Thank you!

Yes, it has the capability but my Vera does not display it. I opened a ticket on it. I believe it also uses a hall effect semi conductor instead of a reed switch.

I just mounted one on my refrigerator door, not for temperature but because the door has a tendency too stop an inch from fully closing. Now hopefully I can get alerts when the door is open too long. The Z-Wave device I originally purchased for this is much bulkier and more expensive. I hope it works out.

Yes, it has the capability but my Vera does not display it. I opened a ticket on it. I believe it also uses a hall effect semi conductor instead of a reed switch.

I just mounted one on my refrigerator door, not for temperature but because the door has a tendency too stop an inch from fully closing. Now hopefully I can get alerts when the door is open too long. The Z-Wave device I originally purchased for this is much bulkier and more expensive. I hope it works out.[/quote]

Let us know the outcome with tech support on the temp not working. I was thinking of getting a couple.

Jim

I just mounted one on my refrigerator door, not for temperature but because the door has a tendency too stop an inch from fully closing. Now hopefully I can get alerts when the door is open too long. The Z-Wave device I originally purchased for this is much bulkier and more expensive. I hope it works out.[/quote]

So are they z-wave or zigbee?

The Iris Contact sensors are Zigbee

Thanks!