Looking for a Vera 3

I am looking to buy a used Vera 3.

It looks like Amazon and others are not selling Vera 3’s anymore, perhaps trying to steer people to the new Vera edge.

I am waiting on Vera pro, but need to address my low memory ASAP on my vera lite, an see no reason to buy the edge, as it only has zwave plus vs vera 3 at the moment, and I have no vera plus devices yet.

Thanks

There really isn’t a ‘for sale/wanted’ sub board. I’ve seen someone on here having a spare Vera 3 but can’t remember who. You may want to check Fleabay as you might find one there.

Perhaps if you change the subject of your post to ‘looking for a Vera 3’ you may get a bite…

Thanks, I will try that!

Just saw a new one on Fleabay, simply search on “Vera3”.

Yeah, there is ONE…there is only one on ebay, for $200, I offered $150, but it was automatically declined.

I can get a new edge for $150, but based on the forums, not sure if the edge is truly ready at this point… If anyone want to sell me their vera 3, please contact me.

I like the community, I like Pleg, and the apps, but at this point, as my system is down, and I cannot even connect to my 2nd unit to even restore it, I am considering a Dlink hub. If I have to do a factory reset, and unpair all my devices, why not try a different hub. Staples is giving them away free with two zwave items purchased over $29.

[quote=“MrAutomate, post:5, topic:186224”]Yeah, there is ONE…there is only one on ebay, for $200, I offered $150, but it was automatically declined.

I can get a new edge for $150, but based on the forums, not sure if the edge is truly ready at this point… If anyone want to sell me their vera 3, please contact me.

I like the community, I like Pleg, and the apps, but at this point, as my system is down, and I cannot even connect to my 2nd unit to even restore it, I am considering a Dlink hub. If I have to do a factory reset, and unpair all my devices, why not try a different hub. Staples is giving them away free with two zwave items purchased over $29.[/quote]

I would buy the EDGE over the 3 since it’s cheaper.

I bought my first edge months ago for 136.00 on Amazon. Just yesterday I bought another one for 139.00. I just checked right now and it’s back to 149.00. So I would just keep checking you can get it cheaper then the 150.00

@ integlikewhoa: But, have you been able to use the apps, and all the devices you could on UI5?

Yup, I had the EDGE since 1st week of December but was unable to make the switch until Jan. due to unsupported things.

I have a Caddx alarm panel, mimolites, smokes, GE outlets and switches, OpenSprinkler, Roomba, PLEG, BlueIris and a bunch more plugins that I use all working on ui7. Check on your devices before making the switch to see if your in the clear. But for the most part alot has been updated and is now working on ui7.

That sounds promising, I will head to amazon and give it a try.

I really had hoped to survive until vera plus was available, but I need more memory now.

I read using a USB dongle on a vera lite might buy me some time, but I’ll go edge.

I was waiting as long as possible, because I heard there might be a buyback offer from Vera for my vera lite’s running on UI5.

[quote=“MrAutomate, post:9, topic:186224”]That sounds promising, I will head to amazon and give it a try.

I really had hoped to survive until vera plus was available, but I need more memory now.

I read using a USB dongle on a vera lite might buy me some time, but I’ll go edge.

I was waiting as long as possible, because I heard there might be a buyback offer from Vera for my vera lite’s running on UI5.[/quote]

I was on the LITE at both houses and was just overloaded. Weather plugins, ping sensors, Direct tv, multiswitches were a few other I didn’t mention. I had to cut back on the LITE since I was getting reboots and loss of data due to low RAM.

VERA PLUS has been rumored for over a year. Not only was it at the last CES but it was at the year before too. It also is not getting much better specs. I would’t hold your breath if your having issues now. The EDGE is not perfect but it works and UI7 requires alot of reloads and browser refreshes after making changes. But overall hasn’t left me stranded and after the intinal switch I haven’t had to play with it. Which means even those little quirks are easy for me to over look.

I agree. UI7 has become a lot more stable lately. Stable enough to pull my QA/Test Vera3 with Ui7 into production and run a dual Vera 3 setup for now.

If you have a Microcenter around you I would check there. There was a Vera3 at my Microcenter 3 weeks ago for 80 bucks. I thought about picking it up and decided not to. I regret that decision now. AND if you do happen to find some Vera3s at your Microcenter… let ME know. There’s still 3 VeraLites at my Microcenter location. For $70.