Look for a solution for: ceiling 2 light + fan (no fan controls on fixture)

We have a very nice Ceiling two light / fan fixture that came with a proprietary single-gang wall switch that has:

1. small rubber button that you press repeatedly to increment the lighting level of the smaller light fixture that point up to the ceiling.
  2. medium rubber button that you press repeatedly to increment the lighting level of the larger light fixture that points down to the room.
  3. a large rubber controller (looks similar to an iPod wheel) that has a single area to push for: slow fan, med fan, high fan, stop fan and reverse direction of fan.

I’m guessing I might be out of luck on this, but hoping someone has a creative idea on this…

Thanks,

-e

There is already a topic asking about fan control opened up in the last few days. Have a look here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=16111.0

Your options are limited when wanting to control the light and fan. The only option that can control both would be the fanlinc and requires you incorporating Insteon. There are many topics on this subject. I would search for “fan control”.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:176543”]There is already a topic asking about fan control opened up in the last few days. Have a look here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=16111.0

Your options are limited when wanting to control the light and fan. The only option that can control both would be the fanlinc and requires you incorporating Insteon. There are many topics on this subject. I would search for “fan control”.

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett, Yes I saw that thread, however mine is a combo fan + two lights. I have the leviton fan switch for a few of my rooms with fan only and they work fine. The company who makes this light only has a Zibee add-on option. and I saw another thread on integration with zigbee and it does not seem like there have been any new posts in that thread. They were proposing using a X2 bridge thing, is a bit over my head but as of now sounds like I’m out of luck for this device. Thanks for the reply. -Erik

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:176543”]…The only option that can control both would be the fanlinc and requires you incorporating Insteon.

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett, do you do any vera consulting…? If you do or know anyone that does can you PM me? I’m new to micasaverde and do not have enough posts to PM yet, so I will not be able to reply-PM just email. Thanks, -Erik