Logging Electric Usage with Datamine2 - Help

Can anyone point me to a thread that clearly describes how to log energy usage using Datamine2. I have the overview manual, but it’s not making too much sense. My Edge, running UI7 is configured to log at http://192.168.1.117/dm/. I am using the Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Meter (DSB09104-ZWUS) at the meter. There are 3 devices showing which I imagine are the 2 feeds coming in and the unit as a whole? Thanks in advance for any advice. - Derek

The main device will have the total KWH, sum of the two separate clamps/circuits. Just fire up the Datamine2 GUI and go to the Configuration tab and scroll down to your device and click on the “+” to expand. Then click on the “+” by the urn…EnergyMetering1 entry and then click on KWH to select that. Then on the right side of the screen, click on “Logging Enabled” to set that to true, select a category if desired and any other options. Sometimes I find I have to click on a few options before the “Save” button is clickable, but you need to click on that to save your selections. Then wait for some data to be logged and go to the Chart and Graph Channels tab to select that item and hit “Update Graph” to display it.

As you are using it, I’m curious how much load DataMine places on the Vera? I’m interested in using it but i’m concerned about more loads on the Vera.

Thanks
John

[quote=“clippermiami, post:3, topic:193367”]As you are using it, I’m curious how much load DataMine places on the Vera? I’m interested in using it but i’m concerned about more loads on the Vera.

Thanks
John[/quote]

I don’t think it adds much load, it only records the data as it comes in, typically writing to a USB drive or a network share. Displaying the graphs does seem to bog down my VeraLite if there’s lots of data. Sometimes it’ll time out and not display all the data. I think there are ways around that but I’ve not looked into that very much.

Thanks, I think I’ll give it a try … as if my system is complicated enough :slight_smile: