Location based triger

Hi All,

I’m new to vera and currently owned VeraLite and few D/W sensors & double switch.

I’d like to “tell” Vera that me and/or my wife are at home and this will triger a scene.

I was thinking to do it by connecting the personal phone to the home network.
any other idea on how to do this?
can anyone help on “telling” Vera that the phone is connected/disconnected to the home network?

Thanks in advance,
Guy

You can use Ping Sensor plugin or search the forum for other home presence solutions.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Another way to approach this problem is have the phone notify Vera when the phone gets home.

If you have an Android phone and Tasker, this is quite easy to accomplish.

[quote=“aa6vh, post:4, topic:183274”]Another way to approach this problem is have the phone notify Vera when the phone gets home.

If you have an Android phone and Tasker, this is quite easy to accomplish.[/quote]

Thanks! it sounds like a good idea.
Could you please explain the steps to do so?
is AutomateIt will do the trick as well? (its an equivalent app as Tasker)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateItPro.mainPackage&hl=en

Thanks,
Guy

This is well-timed. I’m in need of the same information.
In my case, I have a son who considers TV to be more important than homework or chores. Go figure, right?

I want to prevent power to my livingroom entertainment center until my girl or I arrive home. If Tasker or AutomateIT (preferred) can relay this info to Vera, then great… tell me how!

Thanks,
DG

How is your Tasker programming abilities? :smiley: Lots of different ways to do it. I would suggest perusing the Tasker forum for many different suggestions.

There is a Tasker plug in called “AutoVera” (there is an AutoVera subforum on this site) that can give you an interface into the scenes and devices on your Vera. Then its a simple manner to envoke a Vera scene from your phone.

The plug in maker for AutoVera also makes a plug in called “AutoLocate”. It can be used to determine when the phone is at a certain location.

Personally, I use NFC tags that are located next to the garage and front door in my house. Scanning the NFC tag causes a tasker task to start, which then sets my phone to “at home” condition (turns off the device lock, unmutes it, etc), and sends out Vera scene commands. Scanning the NFC tags when I leave does the opposite.