Locating Insteon PLM

Greetings,
I am just getting started with Vera3. I finally got my unit on the network and paired a Zwave device. I am trying to install a insteon fanlinc control module (MN 2475F). Looking in these forums it looks like I should install the alsteon plugin but I can’t seem to find it when I click on the 'install apps" tab. All searches return zero results. this is just my second day with the Vera so I got a a lot to learn. Used X-10 in the past but was unhappy with reliability.
Best regards,
Andy
P.S. Will I need to in the captcha and answer the question EVERYTIME I would like to post a question or respond to a posting?

[quote=“andy2205, post:1, topic:179193”]Greetings,
I am just getting started with Vera3. I finally got my unit on the network and paired a Zwave device. I am trying to install a insteon fanlinc control module (MN 2475F). Looking in these forums it looks like I should install the alsteon plugin but I can’t seem to find it when I click on the 'install apps" tab. All searches return zero results. this is just my second day with the Vera so I got a a lot to learn. Used X-10 in the past but was unhappy with reliability.
Best regards,
Andy
P.S. Will I need to in the captcha and answer the question EVERYTIME I would like to post a question or respond to a posting?[/quote]

It’s actually not in the app store. You have to download the files separately. You can find more information on how to get it up and running here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=10471.0

I’ll be curious to hear how it goes. I went with the vera because I wanted to be able to use Insteon, but am still struggling to get things up and running. Thinking maybe I should have just stuck with the native insteon support!

Make sure that you also own an Insteon PLM as it is required to use with Vera to allow communication with Insteon devices. Vera does not have a built in Insteon plm.

• Garrett

also the captcha will go away once you’ve made some more posts.

Thanks for the information. In order to reduce the frustration level in getting started I am returning the insteon fan control and getting the Leviton fan control. I want this project to be enjoyable since it will be ongoing for some time as I plan on building up slowly ($).
thanks again.

Shame your giving up on the fanlinc. I have them in my home and they work great. Mind you you’ll need to either use the Altsteon plugin or the ISY plugin in combination with the ISY controller.

• Garrett

Just make sure you plan for separate lighting control since the Leviton fan controller only controls the fan. I am running Altsteon and although it seems like a lot of work to set up, all the instructions are right here on the forum, step-by-step.

ISY might also be worth looking into as Garrett pointed out.

I switched over from Altsteon to ISY about a year ago due to lack of development and limitations. The ISY seems like it may be redundant to Vera, but being able to have complete insteon control and the ability to use all the insteon devices with full support / control is nice. The even nicer part is the fact that I have integration into Vera that allows me to control the Insteon gear as if it were added to Vera. It was money well spent and have outfitted my house with keypad lincs for scene controllers and removed my monster z-wave scene controllers.

• Garrett

I am not “giving up” on the insteon products but right now I need to keep this as simple as possible. As with most other people time is limited. for example this month I am scheduled to work 26 of 28 days so keeping the variables to a minimum is a plus. I have other fans in the house which I plan to add later and I will certainly consider the fanlinc for those.
Right now I have only one switch/dimmer and an Aeon 4 in 1. I set up the motion sensor to turn on the light, which works but it won’t turn it back on everytime I turn it off at the switch. I am sure I will figure it out but at 30 minutes at a time it will take awhile.
Thanks for taking time to respond as it will become more important as the project progresses.
Best regards,
Andy
PS what’s the deal with the trivia quiz at every post? :slight_smile:

They will go away. It is to prevent / keep spammers at bay.

• Garrett