Local Control now possible?

As I think we are all aware, the newest Wink update allows control over local IP. Any chance of the plugin being updated to be able to use local calls instead of calls to the cloud API? This would be a great option, taking their servers out of basically all the processing.

You didn’t read the documentation…

Local Control has already been added to the plugin, and is automatically used when available.

This is not possible… Local Control requires an access token… The only way to get the access token is to log in to the Wink API servers.

Thanks for the clarification, I did read that but I thought it only pertained to rooted devices. I see the hub has local or hybrid mode, I am assuming hybrid picks local is possible…

What??? There is no “hybrid” mode… I think your internal autocorrect in wonky 8-}

The plugin has “LOCAL”, “COMBINED” and “REMOTE”…

As of Wink Hub firmware 02.49 (well, 02.19 actually), “LOCAL” and “COMBINED” modes are obsolete!!! Eventually, these obsolete modes will be removed from the UI.

Everyone (unless you are still using a rooted hub with really old firmware) should now be using “REMOTE”.

Hah, your right it is combined. Don’t know what my mind was thinking

This is why I just bought a VeraPlus. I’ve got a wink and it takes forever (8-20+) sec to execute “robots”. All due to the cloud delay. I"m hoping VP solves this issue. Any help in transitioning from Wink would be appreciated.