Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller

I have successfully gotten my garage door under Z-wave control with my Vera Lite. Works like a champ! However, in VeraMate, this device appears as a light (light bulb icon), and the status is either “on” or “off.”
While some sort of garage door icon would be nice in the long term, would it be a simple temporary fix to at least use the lock icon and “open” / “closed” states for now? That would better reflect the garage door’s real-world conditions.
Thanks!

Some devices may not show open/close and default to a switches on/off labels - in the webui, do you see on/off or open/close?

But in any case, for some devices VeraMate assumes the states to be on/off rather then reading the config (assuming the config is different). I’ll be looking to read the config properly, probably in the 9.2 release.

As for the icons… that is something I can help you with now :slight_smile: You just need to enter edit mode (hold down a button), which will then let you go in and change the icon. There are some garage icons included in there.

Great! I’ve changed the icons to one of the three “garage door” pairs and all is much better in appearance and intuitiveness now! Thanks.

FYI, here (image attached/below) is what the web UI shows for this device:

Let me know when 9.2 comes out in 7 - 10 days if this works for you. I’ve got a patch with Apple which should be getting these button values from the json configuration now, so this might work for you.

I have just installed the Linear GoControl GD00Z-4 after reading the forums meticulously. Everything works great, including the sensor… first time without any glitches :smiley: . However, as others have noted, the Veramate displays (and probably reads) the state as On/Off rather then Open/Close (even though my VeraEdge lists the state as Open/Close).

I was able to change the icon to a Garage door. Is there any way to change the state to Open/Close? Will the release of IOS9 and WatchOs 2 assist this change?

Thanks again for a great app!!!

[quote=“ppoulos, post:5, topic:187821”]I have just installed the Linear GoControl GD00Z-4 after reading the forums meticulously. Everything works great, including the sensor… first time without any glitches :smiley: . However, as others have noted, the Veramate displays (and probably reads) the state as On/Off rather then Open/Close (even though my VeraEdge lists the state as Open/Close).

I was able to change the icon to a Garage door. Is there any way to change the state to Open/Close? Will the release of IOS9 and WatchOs 2 assist this change?

Thanks again for a great app!!![/quote]

(Sorry - seemed to miss this message). Control of these labels is planned for the future… again, no real eta on this, but changes in the last couple of versions have been gearing up to allow this.