Lightwave RF Gen 2.

So not seen it discussed on the forum but I see Lightwave RF have released a Gen 2 range and of the many features it includes di-directional communications from all devices which is awesome. I still think they are the best looking replacement switches available in the uk and this feature would make them so much more useful in a home automation system.

Probably way to soon but has anyone had thoughts about integration to Vera. Reading it seems to use a different RF band so the existing interface probably won’t work and I see there is a new hub required for these new devices as well.

Interested to hear what other people think and if anyone else is looking forward to these coming out.

Ta.

I’d love to know the answers to this as well!!

I’d like to know as well

Since we’re voting :slight_smile: here’s +1

Add my vote too. Although looking at the price for the Gen2 stuff at the moment I’m not sure how fast it’s going to take off.

Bi directional would be good but I am off LWRF now - I had 7 off 320 relays die over the last few years - they were out of warranty but not more than 5 years old. I tried to challenge LW but got shrugged off with hand waving ‘just a coincidence’ type of response.

I think there was a design issue in the relay hardware they used and they are not admitting this.

I hope their later stuff is better.

[quote=“greyowl99, post:6, topic:197785”]Bi directional would be good but I am off LWRF now - I had 7 off 320 relays die over the last few years - they were out of warranty but not more than 5 years old. I tried to challenge LW but got shrugged off with hand waving ‘just a coincidence’ type of response.

I think there was a design issue in the relay hardware they used and they are not admitting this.

I hope their later stuff is better.[/quote]

I wish the company I worked for had a failure rate like this! ~2% failure rate with a 2-year warranty, that’s actually not bad really considering the average electronics failure rate is 5%. 2% is not a design fault, anything less than 10% doesn’t even raise an eyebrow nowadays.

Getting back on to topic. Anyone heard anything about the compatibility of the Gen 2 devices with Vera?