Lighting Turning On By Itself, HELP!

HELP!!!

I’m running 1.1.1245, but not using 3.20 firmware.

Here’s my Z-Wave setting:

Version 2.78 L:1
House/Node
Role Suc SIS:YES PRI:NO

I have been so busy & have not had time to play around with my Vera. What is concerning me now is I have light switches turning on by themselves. Right before my eye I had 2 different switches turn on… What concerns me besides this NOT saving me electricity, is that I have Z-Wave modules connected to my saltwater fish tank & it controls my alarm system… The last thing I need is it turning off vital pumps & equipment for my tank or it arming my alarm system random.

I have about 45 Z-Wave devices & whenever I need to add another module. My Vera does not pair correctly at times & when adding a scene I have to do it about 3 times, because it either never selected the device or just wouldn’t work.

Also, what’s the deal with the Role Suc SIS:YES PRI:NO?? Since I have called Mi Casa Verde 3 times about this & have send 2 emails with NO RESPONSE!!! I would really hate to do a wipe & restart, but if I have to then it is what it is.

Any ideas???

Check your scenes to see if your turning those devices on anywhere. I found when I thought I had a ghost it was actually in a scene.

I have… I only have 1 scene for my front pouch lights. All my other scenes are controlling my saltwater tanks (lighting, powerhead pumps, ATO, etc). I’ll come home & my hallway lights & the china cabinet will be on or it may be my kitchen lights. Then several days later my dinning room light will be on… Last night right before my eyes my living room lights & entrance light turned on…

This has been going on for 2 months now.

Actually I have seen this behaviour on 1.1.1245 myself when I got up one night and my livingroom lights were on.

I was able to check I turned them off manually the evening before so it was not a matter of imagination.

Single switch, no luup, 2scenes.
One for off, one for on.

Henk

[quote=“computerjohn, post:3, topic:168590”]I have… I only have 1 scene for my front pouch lights. All my other scenes are controlling my saltwater tanks (lighting, powerhead pumps, ATO, etc). I’ll come home & my hallway lights & the china cabinet will be on or it may be my kitchen lights. Then several days later my dinning room light will be on… Last night right before my eyes my living room lights & entrance light turned on…

This has been going on for 2 months now.[/quote]

Also, what's the deal with the Role Suc SIS:YES PRI:NO?? Since I have called Mi Casa Verde 3 times about this & have send 2 emails with NO RESPONSE!!! I would really hate to do a wipe & restart, but if I have to then it is what it is.
Hi computerjohn, What's your unit's serial number or what e-mail address you tried to contact us from. It's hard to believe that we didn't replied to you. I admit we can't reply to all trouble tickets as soon as they arrive but we do our best to reply in less than 24h. Can you send me the trouble ticket number or create a new one? Also please enable tech support and give us the access codes to investigate.

on 2.78 PRI: NO means that your unit is not the primary controller on the network and you can’t add new devices. Please see this link on our wiki to try and fix this.
I will be waiting for your trouble ticket.

@computerjohn,

I assume these scenes are run on timers?
Sounds to me that you are losing your Internet connection and Vera loses track of time. Check your UI clock when this happens again.

JOD.

[quote=“computerjohn, post:3, topic:168590”]I have… I only have 1 scene for my front pouch lights. All my other scenes are controlling my saltwater tanks (lighting, powerhead pumps, ATO, etc). I’ll come home & my hallway lights & the china cabinet will be on or it may be my kitchen lights. Then several days later my dinning room light will be on… Last night right before my eyes my living room lights & entrance light turned on…

This has been going on for 2 months now.[/quote]

I am having a similar problem with a GE on/off appliance switch. I have a light which keeps turning on by itself. I have removed all scenes that would turn the lights on, excluded the device from vera2, reset the breaker to try power cycle the device. Nothing has helped. The problem started randomly, without me making any recent changes to the system, and has gone from turning on every once and a while, to turning on immediately after being turned off. The only thing I can think of now is to leave the breaker off (temporary fix) and then replace the device (since I guess the device is broken/malfunctioning), is this really the only option?

I have resolved the issue, although I am still unsure what the problem was:

I eventually removed the switch from the vera and then included it again - this seems to have solved the problem since the “old” commands to turn on are not targeting the right device ID anymore (i guess).