Light nodes not responding

I have installed 5 z wave light switches. My system recognizes them however when I try to control the lights only the 2 closest to the unit work. The house is 2 stories and 3200 sq ft. The units not working are about 50 - 60 ft from the unit. The sytem tries to send a command but fails.

Have you done a heal after connecting ?
They may be to far from Vera for direct communications … With a heal … they might be able to be relayed … if the other light switches support it.

How do you do a heal? Does that alow them to mesh?

I figured it out and started the heal - wish me luck

??? The heal was “successful” however only one of my light switches work - that is the one right next to my Vera. The next closest one is about 20 feet away.

You’ve got poor signal quality. I know; ‘it’s only x feet away. This worked before. It says x in y.’ You’ve got poor signal quality. There are MANY things more than distance that can reduce signal quality.

Further heals may bring more devices back into the fold, if you will, but they won’t stay there reliably. You’ve got to improve the signal quality, either by adding intermediate nodes to the mesh or by moving your Vera closer to your existing devices.

For now, move the Vera closer to your most important devices until you’ve added more nodes. If you search the forum, you’ll find tons of chatter on improving signal quality, but generally it all boils down to adding nodes.

I often recommend using the GE/Jasco 45603 Appliance module or the GE/Jasco Outdoor Appliance module as an easily portable intermediate node that can be used for optimizing Z-Wave network signal and routing quality.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:6, topic:177376”]You’ve got poor signal quality. I know; ‘it’s only x feet away. This worked before. It says x in y.’ You’ve got poor signal quality. There are MANY things more than distance that can reduce signal quality.

Further heals may bring more devices back into the fold, if you will, but they won’t stay there reliably. You’ve got to improve the signal quality, either by adding intermediate nodes to the mesh or by moving your Vera closer to your existing devices.

For now, move the Vera closer to your most important devices until you’ve added more nodes. If you search the forum, you’ll find tons of chatter on improving signal quality, but generally it all boils down to adding nodes.

I often recommend using the GE/Jasco 45603 Appliance module or the GE/Jasco Outdoor Appliance module as an easily portable intermediate node that can be used for optimizing Z-Wave network signal and routing quality.[/quote]

Thanks

I will try to move the vera. It is plugged into my router now. Do I just plug it into another ethernet outlet or do I have to move the router also? Probably a dumb question

If you’ve got another conveniently and favorably located ethernet outlet on your LAN, that’s great! Most people aren’t so lucky.