Light,Motion and light sensor

I’m trying to setup so when I come in my front door it switches my hall light on

I have a motion/light sensor and a fibaro dimmer

If I create the following will it work ?

a) Create a scene that is triggered when the light is switched on to switch the light off after 5 mins

b) Create a scene that when the light sensor drops below 10% it arms the motion sensor
*Not sure about this bit - and after 10 mins bypasses the motion sensor
eg if it gets dark in the day and then sunny …

c) When the motion sensor is tripped when it is armed, it switches on the light ?

Is that right or is there a better way ?
What happens with multiple events and the same trigger gets fired

e.g. it’s dark so the motion sensor is armed if the motion sensor gets tripped the light goes on
it’s dark so the sensor will get rearmed
what happens is I move in the hall after say 3 minutes, is the light switching off scene reset so it will stay 5 mins from now ?
or will it go off after 5 mins

sorry if it’s a dum question but I can’t find an example anywhere

Martyn

[quote=“martynhsmith, post:1, topic:183568”]I’m trying to setup so when I come in my front door it switches my hall light on

I have a motion/light sensor and a fibaro dimmer

If I create the following will it work ?

a) Create a scene that is triggered when the light is switched on to switch the light off after 5 mins[/quote]
Yes. A scene triggered by the light switch that has a delayed action to turn the switch off.

b) Create a scene that when the light sensor drops below 10% it arms the motion sensor
It will depend on the sensor and whether Vera's default GUI exposes percenatge light levels as triggers. (PLEG can do this)
*Not sure about this bit - and after 10 mins bypasses the motion sensor eg if it gets dark in the day and then sunny ...
It would be simpler to use two scenes an Arm and a Bypass. If the light level drops below a level, Arm. If the light level goes above a level, Bypass.
c) When the motion sensor is tripped when it is armed, it switches on the light ?
Yes.
What happens with multiple events and the same trigger gets fired

e.g. it’s dark so the motion sensor is armed if the motion sensor gets tripped the light goes on
it’s dark so the sensor will get rearmed
what happens is I move in the hall after say 3 minutes, is the light switching off scene reset so it will stay 5 mins from now ?
or will it go off after 5 mins

A default Vera with a delayed action scene will turn off after 5 minutes. The event is triggered imediately and the countown cannot be stopped or reset unless Vera restarts. If after the 5 minutes and turn off, the sensor is still armed, it can be immediately tripped again by motion.

To utilize things like countdown timers that reset mid-count and to do complex conditions a default Vera is very limited. To accomplish these things you will need to use Lua code or the more friendly Program Logic Event Generator(PLEG) plugin. PLEG turns Vera from just a basic home automation controller into a very powerful system capable of very complex logic.