Leviton VRS15-1LZ and VRMX1-1LZ instant status not working

Hi All,

I just installed a number of Leviton VRS15-1LZ switches and VRMX1-1LZ dimmers. Some of them are stand-alone, while the others are a part of either a 3- or a 4-way. The setup was a breeze.

They are wired correctly. I’ve verified that all dimmers and switches (both masters and secondary/remote ones) can turn on/off and/or dim the load when operated manually.

I’ve also verified that they can be controlled from the Vera3/UI5 I have with no issues.

The problem is that when those switches/dimmers are operated manually, their status is not updated in Vera3’s UI… All masters (VRS15-1LZ and VRMX1-1LZ) are Vizia RF+, so they should support instant status (according to the Leviton manuals and support), however no matter how many times I switch or dim them, the status on Vera remains the same.

Any ideas are appreciated.

The secondary switches do no support instant status, you will have to wait for the polling event when turning on/off from the secondary switch. In addition changing the light level only does not support instant status, on the dimmer, only the on/off of the master switch will be instant.

I understand that (secondary switches aren’t even RF). What about the primary ones? Why isn’t their status instantly (well, almost) updated on Vera?

Anyone? Any ideas, please?

Leviton Vizia RF+ devices should work and provide Instant Status regardless of which switch is pressed. The slave not updating is an issue with other switches.

What UI version are you running? I remember seeing a thread where Leviton Instant Status seemed to break after a UI7 update on Edge.

I don’t know if this is your issue, but here it is: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29569.90.html

Thank you, Z-waver! I am running UI5, fw 1.5.622.

Got an interesting response from support, that Leviton switches/dimmers are missing “… Hail CC, which is responsible for the status transmit. The only thing you can do, on the Vera side, is to create a scene to poll the device to reveal it?s status.” That may be so (I’ll need to monitor logs to see if hail is received - when I am back home, so I can operate the Leviton switches/dimmers locally), but I don’t understand how other people are getting instant status updates from the same switches/dimmers?!?

Sorry, my reading comprehension failed me. You did state you were using UI5 in your first post.

I don’t have one of these switches to test at this time. If you look at the capabilities string, 130 is the hail command class. But, these switches do support Instant Status and you should be getting an immediate status update on Vera in UI5.

The only thing I can think to recommend at this time would be to exclude and include one.

I just checked and this is what they have listed under capabilities:
Dimmers - “211,156,0,4,17,4,L,R,B,RS,|38,39,43,44,114,115,119,133,134,145,”
Switches - “211,156,0,4,16,3,L,R,B,RS,|37,39,43,44,114,115,119,133,134,145,”

I can try excluding/including when I’m back there. I’ll also check the logs to see what’s sent when switches/dimmers are operated locally. Is it possible that hail is not advertised since I am using non-leviton controller (I’ve read somewhere that due to some legal issues between Leviton and Lutron, hail may not be available to 3rd party controllers)?

I have never heard of the Leviton Instant Status not working with Vera, it is one of the the major benefits of buying a Leviton or Cooper switch.

You may have bad routing (have you tried a network heal?) that is causing the instant status message to get lost or delayed. I have had one other person with an Edge not be able to get their Cooper switches to work with instant status, and we never figured it out. Maybe you got a batch of bad switches (how many do you have… do they all not work?)

but your experience is not normal, and should just work if you are using Leviton switches + Vera

[quote=“mkaplunov, post:8, topic:189442”]I just checked and this is what they have listed under capabilities:
Dimmers - “211,156,0,4,17,4,L,R,B,RS,|38,39,43,44,114,115,119,133,134,145,”
Switches - “211,156,0,4,16,3,L,R,B,RS,|37,39,43,44,114,115,119,133,134,145,”[/quote]
These are the complete list of capabilities, none are hidden. Clearly Hail(130) is not present and must not be the mechanism used for Instant Status. Vera may instead rely on the Association(133-134) capabilities, I don’t know.

Exclude and include the switches. They should absolutely work for you with UI5.

I’ve attached a screenshoot of my z-wave settings. Are they correct?

In the “Repair” tab, should I uncheck “Re-configure all the devices when done” and check “Only update Vera routing (overrides other settings)” to “heal” or check both?

I also see that some devices have no neighbors listed in their settings tab (not just the dimmers/switches), while I can control them just fine from Vera. Is this something I should be concerned with?

(sorry to be such a noob)

The settings you posted are not defaults, but they shouldn’t cause any issue with Instant Status not working.

Since you have configure devices unchecked, did you ‘Configure node right now’ the switches after including them?

Neighbor fields on other devices is a completely different topic. I see no need to go down that rabbit hole.

I’ve read on another forum that the leviton hail commands don’t get routed if they are not direct to the controller (ie not being routed through another node). If this is true it could be a cause. I know on my UI5 setup that scenes I run that are dependent on instant status run 80-90% of the time. I’m not sure if Vera is busy or the command is not received in those cases.

I would check all the boxes except limit neighbors and do the heal.
Only GE device have to be direct contact with the Vera for instant status. Coopers and Levitors can route the instant status, but if your routes are sparce they can get lost or delayed.

Done that. Should be back home shortly - will try and post an update. Thanks!

Healing/configuring did the job!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Reopening up this thread because I am having the same problems: VRS15-1LZ on Vera3 UI5 1.5.622.

I have four of these switches. It seems that they somewhat randomly exist in one of two states: 1) They all notify on and off properly, or 2) None of them notify.

I have done several heals. In every heal they all have excellent connectivity to the controller (0-5 to 0-12) and they each have four excellent routes. Sending on or off signals always works instantly.

Something else is wrong here. Anybody have any ideas?

Did you have any luck solving the problem with instant status?

[quote=“OldChas, post:17, topic:189442”]Reopening up this thread because I am having the same problems: VRS15-1LZ on Vera3 UI5 1.5.622.

I have four of these switches. It seems that they somewhat randomly exist in one of two states: 1) They all notify on and off properly, or 2) None of them notify.

I have done several heals. In every heal they all have excellent connectivity to the controller (0-5 to 0-12) and they each have four excellent routes. Sending on or off signals always works instantly.

Something else is wrong here. Anybody have any ideas?[/quote]

@legend99 do you happen to have a secondary controller or remote on your network (note that all remotes and scene controllers are actually a secondary controller). These will interfere with Instant Status. To fix it you may need to do a direct association from the switch to the zwave controller on the Vera. To do this could either be in Group 1 or Group 255 I am not sure on the Levitons which one you use. But you create an association between the Switch and the “ZWave” device listed under UnAssigned Devices using either Group 1 or Group 255.

@shallowearth sorry for the long delay getting back to you, I never got an alert of someone posting here. I do have a Leviton VRCS4 controller, which could be causing the interference as you said. I am using Leviton VRI06 switches. I am trying to find the UnAssigned Devices, to try changing it to 1 or 255 to test it but I can not find where to do that? Is that in device options—> group id ----> add group?

Thanks