Leviton VRI06-1LZ dimmer failure (no local control)

I have around 15 Leviton VRI06-1LZ incandescent dimmers in my house. Recently, one of the dimmers (which controls a ~200 watt halogen load) appears to have completely failed. The led on the switch is off and pressing the switch does nothing. I tried resetting the breaker and still no luck. Other devices on the same circuit are working fine, so it appears to be a problem with the dimmer.

Has anyone else experienced a failure like this? Any idea how Leviton is for warranty replacements?

[quote=“tadr, post:1, topic:187962”]I have around 15 Leviton VRI06-1LZ incandescent dimmers in my house. Recently, one of the dimmers (which controls a ~200 watt halogen load) appears to have completely failed. The led on the switch is off and pressing the switch does nothing. I tried resetting the breaker and still no luck. Other devices on the same circuit are working fine, so it appears to be a problem with the dimmer.

Has anyone else experienced a failure like this? Any idea how Leviton is for warranty replacements?[/quote]

Yes, I’ve had a few go bad on me. If there’s only one light on that switch…check the bulb. The switch will act like it’s not working if there’s zero load on it, green LED goes off and all (learned this the hard way).

[quote=“mbairhead, post:2, topic:187962”][quote=“tadr, post:1, topic:187962”]I have around 15 Leviton VRI06-1LZ incandescent dimmers in my house. Recently, one of the dimmers (which controls a ~200 watt halogen load) appears to have completely failed. The led on the switch is off and pressing the switch does nothing. I tried resetting the breaker and still no luck. Other devices on the same circuit are working fine, so it appears to be a problem with the dimmer.

Has anyone else experienced a failure like this? Any idea how Leviton is for warranty replacements?[/quote]

Yes, I’ve had a few go bad on me. If there’s only one light on that switch…check the bulb. The switch will act like it’s not working if there’s zero load on it, green LED goes off and all (learned this the hard way).[/quote]

You just saved me a bunch of hassle. I could have sworn there were two bulbs in this fixture, but there’s actually only one. I just pulled off the cover and you were spot on – the bulb was just burned out. I know these incandescent dimmers w/o a neutral use a trickle flow to keep them operating, but I assumed they would continue to operate w/o a load. Strange! Thanks again.