Leviton VRCZ4-MRZ scenes without delay not working

[vera UI7]

I have managed to add one of these to my system. Using the method others have used here.
a) reset the unit (‘factory default’ on the instructions)
b) put them into pair mode (‘To acces program mode…’ step 8.C in the instructions)
c) put the vera into include mode.
This added the 4-zone controller and a load controller [‘load’ below] to my vera3.

What have not been successful in doing is turning ON the directly connected light using a simple immediate scene.
If I create a simple scenes to turn the load on and off and associate them with the top switch then they do nothing.
If I create a scene with a 1-second delay to turn the load on and off and associate them with the top switch then it works (albeit with a 1 second delay)

This seems counter-intuitive to me: anyone know what I’m doing wrong with the simple scene? I would have thought the unit should be able to control itself?

thanks

I have a couple of these zone controllers, and love them.
I don’t have any issues with controlling the directly connected load by creating a scene and assigning that scene to a button on the controller. One point for me is that I assign all the scenes to the applicable buttons by setting them as triggers for the appropriate scene(s), rather than specifying the scenes in the advanced tab for the zone controller.

[quote=“kyb2012, post:2, topic:185541”]I have a couple of these zone controllers, and love them.
I don’t have any issues with controlling the directly connected load by creating a scene and assigning that scene to a button on the controller. One point for me is that I assign all the scenes to the applicable buttons by setting them as triggers for the appropriate scene(s), rather than specifying the scenes in the advanced tab for the zone controller.[/quote]
OK, I’ll try that and see if makes any difference.

Spent about an hour messing around with it this evening, with immediate triggering the scenes don’t work, but with a 1 second delay they do. :-/