LCD wall control panel, do they exist?

Hey everyone just curious here, was looking at Z-Wave things and came across some 2Gig touch panel devices, one is larger like $240 and one smaller $140. Their site was showing a demo and you can select services and then control Vera devices from it.

Anyway long story short, I’m planning on using Vera mainly as a security type system, such as when in Away mode, motion sensors will trigger lights to come on and so on. I thought it would be handy to have a LCD panel beside each door where we can arm or disarm the system and in the demo the way the 2Gig one did it was really cool. It seems though that the security features of it are for an actual security system, so when they arm or disarm it, they aren’t setting something on the Vera but instead their actual security system which was kind of a bummer, unless you can use this for modes in Vera?

Other than a tablet or iOS device, what would be the easiest way to set Home/Away/Vacation etc mode by each door? I’d be open to mounting an android tablet on the wall if that’s the only possible option, but ideally wanted something like the 2Gig where it’s dedicated and where I won’t walk over to it and half the time have it back on the home screen or something.

This is the one I’m talking about here, I’m sure it would work fine for my Z-Wave devices but kind of expensive if the security features won’t work, as I don’t want to confuse guests and family. I’m not even entirely sure what this panel needs to work, if it works on its own or needs some kind of controller, but anyway something along these lines? Thanks!

http://www.2gig.com/products/gocontrol-control-panel

There is 50-250 Andriod tablets that work perfect for this idea. Cheaper ones don’t have recessed inwall mounts available. More common or expensive units like galaxy tab will have more mounting bracket options.

Some of the apps have several options in them for sleeping and which screen to return to. And there is also startup apps, so when the tablet starts up it auto opens the app of your choice.

Bottom line is you can make you tablet (with some settings changes) startup and stay in the app of your choice so you hide the rest of android basically.

Thanks I think that’s the best option as well. I think my thing is I’m more picky in that most of the apps I’ve used (admittedly all for iOS and Insteon or ISY994 related as my Vera is still en route to me), is that they can’t really be customized and don’t really make great wall displays.

Are there any that can be customized a lot? I was thinking of maybe trying iRule with the Vera plugin since you can design your own panels. Ideally something like HSTouch for HomeSeer where you can design the panels would be awesome, not sure if that’s possible or if anything out there does something similar?

PS will these verification questions ever stop? They are kind of ridiculous, “Write the 2nd, sixth and last letter of the word ‘enciclopedia’ (no separator):” really!?! Encyclopedia isn’t even spelled correctly lol.

“Imperihome” (http://www.imperihome.com/) has about the most customization for Andriod and
“Homewave” (http://homewave.intvelt.com/) for Apple IOS.

See if those fit your needs first.

[quote=“416to305, post:3, topic:183426”]Thanks I think that’s the best option as well. I think my thing is I’m more picky in that most of the apps I’ve used (admittedly all for iOS and Insteon or ISY994 related as my Vera is still en route to me), is that they can’t really be customized and don’t really make great wall displays.

Are there any that can be customized a lot? I was thinking of maybe trying iRule with the Vera plugin since you can design your own panels. Ideally something like HSTouch for HomeSeer where you can design the panels would be awesome, not sure if that’s possible or if anything out there does something similar?[/quote]

Imperihome is pretty customizable, but costs a little. I use this for my tablets (I use Authomation (free) for my phones though).

Yes, after 5 or 10 posts I think (I think it’s actually 5).

And yes they do but it’s after several more posts. There is a certain number they go away. Until then you still could be a spammer. LOL

Haha thanks everyone, 5 is the number, looks like it’s gone! I’ll check out those apps you mentioned, appreciate it!