Kwikset lock user code and text message

I just installed a Kwickset lock and a Veralite. All appears to be working fine and I do get text messages showing when the door is opened. However, is there a way that the text can include the PIN number or user name in the text message? Otherwise you don’t know who opened the door.

I am wondering the same thing, thr code on text messagr are different but seems random, also would we be able to tell on the misa verde website?

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk

I don’t have text messaging setup. But if you have a smart phone or multiple smart phones it would work nicely with an App.

I’m on a android phone and I use the free VeraAlerts app to alert me rather then a text. Not sure if your on Android and this might be your hold up.
When the VeraAlerts app is installed on both your phone and in the Vera, it keeps a log by days then a list by time. So its a nice little log of when the door was locked and unlocked and by who.
In the phone app you can also have it read out what ever you want or just beep once when the alert comes threw your choice.

So on my phone it will say “Front Door unlocked by JIM” or what ever when that pin is used. I also have more then one house with Vera and More then one door. So I set the alert to say specific things like “Havasu House Front Door unlocked by…”.

If this will work I can give you more info to get this up and running. Unless you need a text only.

That sounds like a better way of setting things up than txt. Will give it a try. Thank u!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

@integlikewhoa, i installed vera alert but not sure about how to set it up… do you know wherr i can find instructions? Thanks so much

Not sure about the Kwikset locks, but on the Schlage lock device in the Vera interface you specify a notification based on the pin code entered index, which corresponds to one of the 30 different pin codes it can hold at a time. I"m not sure if the Kwikset z-wave implementation supports this, you might want to contact Vera support.

Yes kwikset is the same way, but the text message want to clunky for me. The APP is great but it really only works on andriod. Apple you have to work threw push notifications and it dont work very good.

So my question to the original poster would be do you have an Android phone?

[quote=“Ggyy007, post:5, topic:175924”]@integlikewhoa, i installed vera alert but not sure about how to set it up… do you know wherr i can find instructions? Thanks so much

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Have you installed vera alert on both your phone from the play store and on the vera?

Most of the setup is done in the plugin on vera. You need to get the id of your phone from the phone app and put it into the vera app so they can talk to each other.

Heres the info on setup. Post if you get stuck, but its not really hard to get the basic down. Only screw up I made was when setting the pin code notifications I kept entering the actual pin number instead of the pin code number. For example if you want to be notified that pin number 12345678 was used you have to check which pin that code is. If you have 5 codes stored in your system its going to be pin number 1-5. I kept entering pin# 12345678 and wondering why it wouldn’t tell me. Hope that makes sense if not I’ll try and explain it better. But get the basic lock and unlock notification down (easy) then move on to specific pin codes after.

http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts/

Thanks a lot. I have been setting it up but confused about one point. Does a profile need to be set up separately for every device alert? (FOr ex. 2 profiles for different codes entered on lock set)… and once i entered the profile i cannot associate that specific profile with the a specific device in the notification configuration tab… appreciate your help

Never mind. I figured it out. Just forgot to select the proper id . But i still cannot figure out how to select a specific notification for a specific alert. Because all the device notification are listed under the notification tab and cannot choose individually.

go under the door lock settings then then go to notifications. This is where you add a notification for each pin code and error you want to receive. I have probley 15 different notifications in this window. I have 6 pins codes and if you want to know which pin was used you need to make one for each using pin code #1-6. Plus I have low battery alert, dead bolt error or failed to lock, wrong pin code entered, door locked and probley more. Put a check box next to each one for who you want to receive the alert and exit and save.

then go to the vera alert settings (in vera) and click notification configuration. Read the top and click save or for me on the right I have my custom message written in each box. This is what will be displayed on Vera alerts or read out to you on vera alert if you have that setting turned on (done in the setting of the android app). So for me since I have more then one lock here at my house and more then one at my vacation house. I have this worded so it says “front door unlocked by JIM” or “back door unlocked by JIM” for my main house then “Havasu home front door unlocked by JIM” for the vacation house.

Hope this makes sense.

Yes. This is great. As i can now save text message fee when i travel abroad. (I usually just buy data). Thanks for your help

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk

[quote=“Ggyy007, post:12, topic:175924”]Yes. This is great. As i can now save text message fee when i travel abroad. (I usually just buy data). Thanks for your help

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk[/quote]

Good glad it worked out for you. I wonder what ever happened to the original poster tho? LOL