Kwikset Lock stuck sometimes, just doesnt auto-lock.

Hi all,

I am not sure, but if this happens with anyone else, if this is a technical issue, or relating to polling… or even sending commands to autolock the door lock, but very often the zwave lock does not auto-lock itself after being unlocked. You have to go to the lock and turn the lock automatically which kinds seems like slightly tight… (just a teeny bit click tight when turning at the very turn).

Is it something anyone else encountered?

[quote=“Exorcist, post:1, topic:184224”]Hi all,

I am not sure, but if this happens with anyone else, if this is a technical issue, or relating to polling… or even sending commands to autolock the door lock, but very often the zwave lock does not auto-lock itself after being unlocked. You have to go to the lock and turn the lock automatically which kinds seems like slightly tight… (just a teeny bit click tight when turning at the very turn).

Is it something anyone else encountered?[/quote]

Sounds like an installation problem. First thing I would check is with the door open does this still happen?

If it does then I would loose up the way way its mounted to the door and test again to find out if its pressure in the lock on the door jam of the something in the lock on the door.

Should give an error if I don’t move when it’s supposed to tho. Like if the door wasn’t closed all the way and it tried to lock. It would give a bolt extension error.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:2, topic:184224”][quote=“Exorcist, post:1, topic:184224”]Hi all,

Is it something anyone else encountered?[/quote]

Actually it never happened in the past, the lock is installed on the door since two years, and this is happening just since 1 month.
Sounds like an installation problem. First thing I would check is with the door open does this still happen?

If it does then I would loose up the way way its mounted to the door and test again to find out if its pressure in the lock on the door jam of the something in the lock on the door.[/quote]

So no problem locking or unlocking?

Only problem is auto re-locking? And its not that tries to do it, it’s that it never even attempts to do it?

How is this set to autolock? Is it a scene in Vera?