Kodi Remote Control

Indeed Kodi. I think version 17.

I used the play status for kicking off a scene but since I didn’t get the plug-in installed on Kodi itself I just stopped using it.

[quote=“fabstar81, post:161, topic:184260”]Indeed Kodi. I think version 17.

I used the play status for kicking off a scene but since I didn’t get the plug-in installed on Kodi itself I just stopped using it.[/quote]

Yeh I still use it that way, the XBMCState plugin, the earlier plugin from which this KodiRemote one was developed, still works :slight_smile:

Also there is this option if you wanted to initiate the scenes manually from Kodi end point itself rather than from the Vera side;
http://www.smarthome.com.au/smarthome-blog/xbmc-vera-z-wave-addon/

yeah but I would like this plugin to work … Xbmc state will work but too much scene usage I’m going to dig through this plugin to see if i can get it to work

I know what needs to change – just the Http calls in the implementation to reflectKodi APiV8

[quote=“RichieB, post:163, topic:184260”]yeah but I would like this plugin to work … Xbmc state will work but too much scene usage I’m going to dig through this plugin to see if i can get it to work

I know what needs to change – just the Http calls in the implementation to reflectKodi APiV8[/quote]

Mate if you can get this plugin working and back up and running I am sure there will be some happy ppl out there, Kodi is definitely the choice for DIY home media centres. Keep us in the loop on this thread. :smiley:

[quote=“ronluna, post:1, topic:184260”]Requirements:
micasaverde.addon (Modified for Kodi Service) installed in kodi
akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/)
Day or Night Plugin[/quote]

it works u just need to add

[quote=“RichieB, post:165, topic:184260”][quote=“ronluna, post:1, topic:184260”]Requirements:
micasaverde.addon (Modified for Kodi Service) installed in kodi
Day or Night Plugin[/quote]

it works u just need to add

akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/)[/quote]

Are you suggesting it is working now and that the only reason it wasn’t working is that lua file was missing? Trying to recall now when I tested it a few times, I am pretty sure I just chose it from the Apps store within the Vera console so I am guessing as part of the app store process it doesn’t do that loading of the Lua file?

So, if that is the only reason, why doesn’t someone just add it to the install package and publish it again?

Revisited this again as a test, seeing the same as I saw a few posts back. Can get it to work in terms of it shows the Kodi box as up, Can use most of the controls but it doesn’t seem to display what the Kodi device is playing.

Not sure if RichieB can confirm it that part is working for him and if he can confirm what version of Kodi he is using?

thanks

I wouldn’t be interested in what it’s playing, but that it’s playing. So kicking of a scene because it starts to play something.

Is that working?

[quote=“fabstar81, post:169, topic:184260”]I wouldn’t be interested in what it’s playing, but that it’s playing. So kicking of a scene because it starts to play something.

Is that working?[/quote]

Well I think that part of “what” and if its playing is basically in the same element as it is displayig the current state of the player. But if that is all your chasing use the other XBMC State plugin, as I mentioned above I already have scenes (e.g. lights turn off when Kodi starts playing) working from that plugin :slight_smile:

I will await a comment from @RichieB if he is getting it to show player state and content name :slight_smile:

Everything is working - i can start i can pause i can stop - i can see waht is playing etc

thank the feedback @RichieB.

Wonder why I am not seeing what is playing! Can you confirm a couple of things for us;
What version of Kodi are you using?
What version of the Micasaverde plugin?
What Vera unit and Firmware are you on?

I might try a reboot of my Vera, I am wondering if that is required post installing that extra file from this thread :slight_smile:

thank the feedback @RichieB.

Wonder why I am not seeing what is playing! Can you confirm a couple of things for us;
What version of Kodi are you using?
What version of the Micasaverde plugin?
What Vera unit and Firmware are you on?

I might try a reboot of my Vera, I am wondering if that is required post installing that extra file from this thread :)[/quote]

haha ok finally got it working after going through every frikken message in the first few pages. Basically because I had noticed that the plugin didn’t install in Kodi Krypton but the XBMC one did I had been using the XBMCState plugin (pretty hard to tell as they pretty much look the same), found a post someone having the same issue of it all working but not showing the movie name and the player state, they had done the same thing with using KodiRemote in Vera but XBMCState plugin on Kodi. Went back and found that there was a new version of the KodiRemote plugin for Kodi, uninstalled my current plugin, installed the new one and restarted Kodi. BAM all working.

Someone needs to update the frikken pinned post with the first plugin having a note beside it saying pre Helix XBMC and then someone adding the extra plugin uploaded a few posts down on Pg1 I think for Helix and beyond XBMC\Kodi.

Anyway hopefully this post saves someone some pain :slight_smile:

cheers to all those that chimed in

After all of this time - can someone document exactly what needs to be installed on Vera, what needs to be installed on Kodi (including where to get it) (i.e. which repository /location).
It is very hard to "reverse engineer) an install process from all of the comments.

hey mate, yeh its a bit of a mission going through it all. I did mention a few posts back about someone possibly updating the pinned post with the correct versions of the Kodi plugin etc but doubt it will happen. On a possible good note there is a couple of fairly indepth threads going on about Vera pulling in plugins and supporting them, Kodi is right up on that list.

You should be able to get it working if you do go back through this thread though :slight_smile:

[quote=“Chelseagroup, post:174, topic:184260”]After all of this time - can someone document exactly what needs to be installed on Vera, what needs to be installed on Kodi (including where to get it) (i.e. which repository /location).
It is very hard to "reverse engineer) an install process from all of the comments.[/quote]

I wrote a user guide a long time ago here

Kodi V18 Leia seems to partially break the KodiRemote plug-in. Kodi have changed their JSON http API.

The plug-in still appears to show when the Kodi PC is Up or Down, but doesn’t display what’s playing / stopping.

The playback state seems to still work, video_pause and video_resume and video_stop appear when pausing / playing.

None of the transport control buttons work however.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:177, topic:184260”]Kodi V18 Leia seems to partially break the KodiRemote plug-in. Kodi have changed their JSON http API.

The plug-in still appears to show when the Kodi PC is Up or Down, but doesn’t display what’s playing / stopping.

The playback state seems to still work, video_pause and video_resume and video_stop appear when pausing / playing.

None of the transport control buttons work however.[/quote]

What version of KODI Leia are you running ? The 18.1 last release ?
On the 18.0 RC version, the plugin showed the title that is played right into my Vera Edge GUI.
After upgrading to the latest 18.1 , the field remains blank.
All other states etc are fine, so 100% usable for me.
So it seems the 18.1 breaks something.

[quote=“jvanhambelgium, post:178, topic:184260”]What version of KODI Leia are you running ? The 18.1 last release ?
On the 18.0 RC version, the plugin showed the title that is played right into my Vera Edge GUI.
After upgrading to the latest 18.1 , the field remains blank.
All other states etc are fine, so 100% usable for me.
So it seems the 18.1 breaks something.[/quote]

I just set this up on 18.1, and I see the following:

[ul][li]My KodiRemote device shows a message: Can’t Detect Device, but when you go to Player State, it shows that it is connected.[/li]
[li]I am using Video states only. They all work, except for Video Starting. It does not show up in Player State like the other states do, and it does not trigger any scenes like the other states do.[/li]
[li]The video title does not show up for me either.[/li][/ul]

EDIT: I found a fix for the video_start state and video title problem. Looking at the Kodi documentation, I see that they changed onPlaybackStarted() to onAVStarted(), so just go to your home directory on your Kodi into the addons folder and find default.py inside the micasaverde.addon folder. Edit the file and replace [font=courier]onPlaybackStarted[/font] with [font=courier]onAVStarted[/font], save the file and restart Kodi. It works like a charm!

Thanks! Indeed the “Play” state never really worked. My light would not dim when starting a movie, I had to quickly “pause” “unpause” to make the lights go out.
Let me fix that in the code as you mentioned.
Hmm, running KODI on Adroid (ShieldTV) is slightly more annoying to make quick changes to files…