Kindle & Home Buddy

I’m currently using Home Buddy on my Android phone and it works just fine. I’ve ordered a Kindle Fire for my wife and was looking to put Home Buddy on it as well. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, where can I find the link to download it?

Thanks,

I’ll preface this saying I don’t own a Kindle Fire myself, but have a friend that does. I think your best bet would probably be to follow one of the guides out there on rooting your Kindle and installing the Google Android market. Then you should be able to install Home Buddy from that.

Edit: Just saw another thread on this issue with an official response from Rakstar. There is a link there to a third party site to download the app. [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8228.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8228.0.html[/url]

Not to steal home buddy’s thunder. But I tested my android app “AutHomation” on a coworkers kindle fire and it works like a charm. I would say, home buddy should work as well.

• Garrett

I just installed the application from the link above and it works great (internal network) - no need to root - just select OK to install unknown application source on the kindle setup

Hello,
I recently installed HomeBuddy 0.27 to KindleFire as APK from previous link (as i could not install from market place)
I am able to connect locally.
But remote does not seem to work, and i get an error before the time out period (which i have set to 30000 : 30 seconds)
The error I get is:

Error:org.rakstar.homebuddy.apl.DataException: Unable to retrieve user data

I have changed the Mios Server order from fw1 to fw2 and vice versa and seem to have the same issue of not being able to connect remotely.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sean

Are you still having issues? It’s possible that Mios’ servers weren’t available at the time you had issues. Let me know if you’re still having problems.

[quote=“smilligan, post:5, topic:169858”]Hello,
I recently installed HomeBuddy 0.27 to KindleFire as APK from previous link (as i could not install from market place)
I am able to connect locally.
But remote does not seem to work, and i get an error before the time out period (which i have set to 30000 : 30 seconds)
The error I get is:

Error:org.rakstar.homebuddy.apl.DataException: Unable to retrieve user data

I have changed the Mios Server order from fw1 to fw2 and vice versa and seem to have the same issue of not being able to connect remotely.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sean[/quote]

Rakstar,
It seems the problem was on my end, and having adjusted the timeout period (as you suggest in earlier posts) made it more reliable.
Thanks for a great/fun app for vera.
Kind Regards

Good to hear! You’re very welcome! :slight_smile: