keypad combo remote that is NOT a door lock?

I’m looking for something I can mount outside the house that, when the correct combination is entered, sends a signal to my VeraLite (e.g. triggers a scene).

Sounds simple, but I can’t seem to find it… all the Z-wave combo pads I can find are also door locks.

I suppose I could use an actual garage door opener (like this one), which has the form factor and basic functionality I’m looking for, except that it’s designed to trigger a garage opener. But I could just go ahead and open the garage door, I guess, and then if I want other things to happen, trigger it based on the door opening.

But that’s suboptimal for several reasons. A combo-based scene trigger seems like such an obvious device, surely I’m just missing it somehow… any pointers?

[quote=“JoeStrout, post:1, topic:188151”]I’m looking for something I can mount outside the house that, when the correct combination is entered, sends a signal to my VeraLite (e.g. triggers a scene).

Sounds simple, but I can’t seem to find it… all the Z-wave combo pads I can find are also door locks.

I suppose I could use an actual garage door opener (like this one), which has the form factor and basic functionality I’m looking for, except that it’s designed to trigger a garage opener. But I could just go ahead and open the garage door, I guess, and then if I want other things to happen, trigger it based on the door opening.

But that’s suboptimal for several reasons. A combo-based scene trigger seems like such an obvious device, surely I’m just missing it somehow… any pointers?[/quote]

What you want doesn’t exist. Your 2nd plan seems to be common work around.