KERUI Siren integration -

Hello,
I’ve purchased this product - looks very nice -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Alarm-Flash-Horn-Wireless-Flashing-Siren-hot-product-Red-Light-Strobe-Siren-433-MHz-suit-for/32365130131.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1dfd4c4dtiYJ1w

Question is - can it be connected with RFXTRX433e ?

anyone tried ?
thanks
Uri

Hi… sorry to bump it… anything ??
Thanks
Uri

I saw your original post - and was waiting to see if anyone responded. If you’ve look at the RFXtrx User Guide (at RFXCOM.com) you will not find it listed. So I doubt that you could connect it. Did this come with a keypad to be used to somehow trigger it? It looks like it is intended to be used with the Kerui alarm panel. Without some means of transmitting the signal that triggers this alarm (not using the RFXtrx transceiver) I don’t think it’s possible to determine if the RFXtrx could possibly be configured to do so.

The siren can be controlled using Lighting4
xxxxx8 = on
xxxxx2 = off

Hey… mind me asking… :slightly_smiling_face:
what’s the XXXXX2 ?
how do I send it ?
what’s replacing the xxxx?

thanks a lot!
Uri

I don’t know if the plug-in is able to transmit Lighting4 commands.

X is any hex digit so XXXXX2 can be 00 00 02 to FF FF F2

The plugin currently only transmits Lighting4 commands to toggle the state of a Sonoff switch. In the next plugin update I can possibly add a new device that should be able to turn the siren on and off. You will have to determine the XXXXX value (the device ID) for your siren. Once you do that let me know and we could try something to confirm whether or not we can operate the siren.

I probably should mention the best way to determine the ID of your siren device. If you connect your RFXtrx to your PC and run RFXmngr (available at RFXCOM.com) with the Lighting4 protocol enabled you can capture messages intended for the siren. This assumes of course you have a way to turn the siren on and off other than the Vera hub and RFXtrx plugin.

thank for the help !
I need to ask :slight_smile:

1. how do I create the new device? I can create a device but only X10 is availble, type can be switch light… ?
  2. once device create - how do I “learn a command” or associate a command to it?
  3. let’s assume I have the ID of the device (FFBBAA) … where do I set it ?

Thanks
Uri

As an experiment to determine if we can turn the siren on and off you’ll need to create two Sonoff switch devices. Select your RFXtrx in the web browser Vera page and then select New Device. From the drop down select Sonoff Smart Switch. Enter a device name such as Siren On. For the device ID you enter the decimal value equal to the first 5 hex digits you discovered using RFXmngr. I would hope that the last digit you found to be a 2 or an 8 if what b_weijenberg posted is correct. For example: if the ID you found is FFBBA8 you would enter ‭‭16759720‬‬ for the Siren On ID. You’d need to create a second Sonoff Switch device called Siren Off and assuming an ID of FFBBA2 you’d enter ‭167597214. The Sonoff devices have an icon representing a relay and only one button: Toggle. Clicking the Toggle button of the Siren On device should turn it on and clicking the Toggle button of the Siren Off device should turn it off.

hey… looks like I need to purchase a device to activate / communicate with the siren so I can capture these messages…
I order a remote control for it now, it will take the time to arrive, but I will continue and solve this with your much appreciated help!

Thanks… I’ll be back… !!!
:slight_smile:
Uri

so… here I am again
purchased the remote keyfob to activate the sirene
the keyfob has 4 buttons:

Siren,Bell, unlock, lock

code recevie by RFX are:

Siren:
0A 52 07 0D 55 0E 02 63 22 02 89

bell
08 20 00 1A DE ED A0 02 69

umlock
09 13 00 14 DE ED A2 01 29 60

lock
0A 52 07 16 39 0E 04 56 6E 03 89

trying to create sonof switch, I took hex

hex - 09 13 00 convert to 594688

added new device OK,

also tried -
hex - 0A 52 07 convert to 676359

added another device - ok.

now i’m thinking - can I also use this keyfob to activate scenes on vera???

I’ll now try and pair this with the siren -

now i’m thinking - can I also use this keyfob to activate scenes on vera???

I don’t think that the messages you are associating with the buttons are correct. Do you have temperature/humidity sensors? Messages beginning with 0A 52 are from temperature/humidity sensors. The message beginning with 09 13 is probably correct. You’ll notice that the message beginning with 08 20 is very similar. What protocols do you have enabled on the RFXtrx?
Also, I believe the siren has to be set for the ID it will respond to. I do not have a manual for the siren but it should have instructions on how to do that.

Ok, just curious, is this siren supported in the mean time?