Just Getting Started

Just getting ready to start my home automation project. First on the list is a Vera and a Kwikset deadbolt. I am looking for a starter app that will supply notifications when the bolt is opened or closed. Would also want the ability to remotely open and close the lock from my phone.

Any suggestions?

Which mobile platform do you use? Android, iOS and Windows Phone each have their own selection of 3rd party apps, so no matter which platform you use, there’s a Vera app that will accomplish your goals.

IOS

Please look in this subforum. There are many to choose from.

• Garrett

Thanks. I did look in the sub form and was overwhelmed with the amount of apps and the number of threads for each app. I was hoping someone would be able to say, get app xxx, I use that and it does everything you want it to do.

I’m running iOS and really like HomeWave. I chose it solely based on other’s testimonials here on the forums. Because it has proven an excellent remote app., I haven’t explored anything else. My missus has it on her device as well and loves it. This in itself is a testimonial as to its ease of use and user friendly dashboard. It is fully customizable and the approach I chose to take was to set everything up on my device, then put in the Dropbox for her to upload onto her device. It worked great! It supports most major plug-ins and I have 100% functionality thru my phone.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I’m running iOS and really like HomeWave. I chose it solely based on other’s testimonials here on the forums. Because it has proven an excellent remote app., I haven’t explored anything else. My missus has it on her device as well and loves it. This in itself is a testimonial as to its ease of use and user friendly dashboard. It is fully customizable and the approach I chose to take was to set everything up on my device, then put in the Dropbox for her to upload onto her device. It worked great! It supports most major plug-ins and I have 100% functionality thru my phone.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED![/quote]

I agree with the above and that’s my choice too, but you do need to create a button and link it for each device you have. To me this is easy, but some just want to open the app and have every device you have to already be on a a pre made list. If that is what you want this app is not for you. But it offers the most customizable options and works well once setup.

I’m tech capable, so I should be able to set things up. My main requirement is notifications. My daughter will either be leaving the house for school or coming home alone and I wanted to see that notification. More for the wife. Makes her happy to know she is locked in. :slight_smile: