Just Getting Home Condition

I’m trying to enter a set of conditions that will turn a flood on for 15 minutes when I am just getting home if it’s so late that my floods have already turned off.

I’m struggling with the “just getting home” condition. I thought I had it, but my flood was on all night and I realized that I was actually using a home condition so of course the condition was true :P.

Any thoughts on how to approach the just getting home condition?

It sounds like you may need a timer or something to turn it back off.

I’m trying to only turn a flood on if I’m just getting home and it’s so late that the floods are already off. I did something that works, but I’m not sure exactly why.

I have a geofence set a VS to on when I enter the geofence field. I use the VS on as a trigger and set a condition from that.

For the just getting home part, I have:

tHome
cHome = tHome
cJustHome = (cHome,NOW<1:00)

I’m not sure how sequential expressions are evaluated. Is this saying cJustHome is true when the timestamps from cHome and NOW are within one minute of each other?

What would be the difference using a semi-colon?

cJustHome would turn true right away with a command and stay true for less than a minute.
cJustHome would trurn true within a minute, and stay on for one minute if you use a semi-colon. (i.e. the next NOW evaluation, NOW evaluates every minute).

Thanks Richard!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:4, topic:198431”]cJustHome would turn true right away with a command and stay true for less than a minute.
cJustHome would trurn true within a minute, and stay on for one minute if you use a semi-colon. (i.e. the next NOW evaluation, NOW evaluates every minute).[/quote]

I was just rereading this to make sure I understand. With a comma, the evaluation uses the most current time stamp for NOW and then stays true for less than one minute from the time stamp.

With a semicolon the evaluation waits for the next NOW time stamp which then stays true for less than one minute.

Is that in the ballpark?