iVera version 1.0.5 in review at Apple

Hello,

A new update (1.0.5) is currently in review at Apple and waiting for their approval before being available on the AppStore. This release will :

• Fixes Kiwkset DoorLock status update
  • Removes notification scenes visible in the Scenes List
  • Fixes password issue
  • Fixes “server busy” message when Vera is not responding
  • Add “Force Remote Access” connection type in Settings menu

Please contact iVera@thinkiwi.com if you want more information.

Will this be the universal (Ipad) app? If not, why not?

1.0.5 is not an iPad version.

To give you a bit more details, although iVera’s current interface works well with the iPhone’s small screen, it is not efficient at all as is on the iPad. The goal behind iVera’s iPad version is to have a total redesign of the graphic user interface in order to take advantage of the bigger screen and it takes more than a day to do. Also, some work for version 1.1.0 which takes advantage of iOS4.0 and add new devices support is making progress and the iPad version will be living on top of it.

Any guess as to when 1.0.5 will become available?

Hard to tell really but its status is “In Review”, so hopefully/maybe by the end of the week.

hi

thanks for keeping us in the loop. it nice to hear what is going on from the developer,[quote=“Michael_N_Blackwell, post:4, topic:167503”]Any guess as to when 1.0.5 will become available?[/quote] :slight_smile:

So it sounds like the Ipad version isn’t going to be out any time soon. I, for one, am dissapointed. I will continue to use the Iphone version on my Ipad, but only until a true Ipad optimized alternative is available from somebody.

Apple has released it. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Release and installed the new version, and it seems to be working just fine in my iPhone. Less problems connecting, so made the purchase for full version…

I’m also really looking forward to the iPad version; hopefully you can keep finding some time for development!

Keep up the good work!

Ordering the ipad2 tomorrow. A dedicated ipad ivera version is at the top of my wishlist…

iVera continues to get confused when using two or more veras. That is when switching to a different vera it continues to display the wrong system data. For example, when looking at door locks on one vera it will continue to display them even after going to the home page and selecting a different vera. This becomes VERY confusing.

Don

When will iVera include the electric power usage (Watts) display for smartswitches?

@alexyoshida,

Welcome!

That would be nice; however, there hasn’t been much activity in iVera land in terms of updates / developer presence on the forum.

I’ve been using iVera on my iPhone for probably 6 months now. Like others, I’d like to see an iPad version.

Since there hasn’t been an update in some time and the developer has been mia, I have a feeling that future development is non existent.

• Garrett

iVera is free and does what it says.
For iPad I’d suggest SQRemote HD.
Looking forward to HomeWave.

iVera is not free. It cost 30 dollars. The free version is a trial version and only allows to see a certain certain devices.

• Garrett

Yes you read that correctly, $30 for an iPhone app. Take a look at Automator.app and SQ Remote HD, both of these apps are Universal apps so they will work on all your IOS Devices and cost $15 and $10.