iVera iOS5 Beta

iVera is not working in iOS5 Beta 1

Works fine for me. Verizon iPhone running iOS 5 Beta 1 and latest iVera version.

Working for me too under iOS5 on both iPhone4 and original iPad.

I spoke too soon. It worked fine when I upgraded from 4.2.8 and had iVera already installed. Just tried installing it on a fresh 5.0 install and it crashes on startup every time.

I know that iOS 5 is in beta and I have no right to complain that it isn’t working with iVera, but I’m curious if anyone knows if the latest beta of iVera will work with it or not.

Tried the last beta of iVera in iOS 5 and it is working perfectly on iPhone 4 and iPad 1.

Did you try it on a fresh install of iOS 5 or on a phone that was running iOS 4.x and had iVera installed already? It worked for me when I upgraded my Verizon iPhone from 4.2.8 to 5.0. When I installed 5.0 on a new iPhone and didn’t restore from a backup I couldn’t get it to work.

Yes, mine was a fresh iOS 5 install.

Unfortunately, I emailed and requested access to the iVera beta program, but never got a response.

I reverted my phone back, but iPad has the same problem.

What’s up with al those people running beta’s and then complaining that their crap dont work.

Stay on official released firmware or quit wining

[quote=“Mitchell, post:9, topic:168486”]What’s up with al those people running beta’s and then complaining that their crap dont work.

Stay on official released firmware or quit wining[/quote]The idea is that they get on the beta early and report any bugs they find. This way the bugs can get fixed before the rest of us get the release version.

I am here: Google Maps

Except that these are not developers running the beta code, they’re not even connected with any development of software (ie. beta testers or designers). They’re just rabid fanboy kids who have no idea of how the development process goes.

Typically it is:

Alpha = functionally incomplete and potentially unstable.

Beta = functionally complete but potentially unstable.

There are idiots posting bad reviews of applications in the App Store because they don’t work on iOS5 beta, this sort of idiocy just further validates Apple’s approach to beta testing (ie. Make people pay for the developer programme and keep beta code out of sight).