iVera 1.2.14 is now available on the AppStore

Hello,

Latest version of iVera (1.2.14) is now available on the AppStore for download.

This version has faster and more reliable connection to your Vera, some new features and supported devices (TED5000, Freeze/Water Alarm, Google Weather Plugin), localization in French, German, Swedish and Russian (Italian to come and let me know if you would like it in another specific language), as well as some bug fixes and a faster loading time and better status refresh with Vera.

Hope you like it!
-j.

I’ve just updated to the latest version and it crashes every time it tries to connect to Vera.

The screen says ’ checking Vera connection’ then the settings screen displays briefly before crashing

I’m running 4.3.3 iOS and 996 on the vera

This version was definitely more targeted to UI4, maybe something wrong going with 996. Could you email ivera@thinkiwi.com so we can get to the bottom of this issue? Thanks.

Nice work!!
Google Weather & TED supported.

No issues that I see (except for an MCV issue? as reported here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6892.msg45031#msg45031) thermostat fan control wont change in the UI.

JOD.

No problems on my iPad 1 and 1st Gen Ipod. Excellent work. I’m using the latest Vera firmware.

No problem on. iPad 1 iOS 5 beta 2 and iPhone 4 iOS beta 2.

Great job!

And of course thermostat [tt]ModeState[/tt] indication. Color of the ‘current temperature’ digits:
[tt]gray: idle
blue: cooling
red: heating[/tt]

Please do tell (color coding for tstat state). I am looking at it and see nothing black while idle per UI4. Where is this color code as knowing the status is important.

It’s subtle. The actual digits that show the current temperature will change color when heating or cooling. I updated the description slightly and changed it to ‘gray’ instead of ‘black’.

Ha, I now see it. Darn. Had to be lookiing at it right when it turned on to see the current temperature changed from a grayish shade to a gray-blue shade. Probably more obvious with heating but it will be a while before I see that (I hope).

Thanks iVera and oTi@

I’ve updated to ver 1.2.14, the application comes up, I get pass Vera Connecting to “downloading Vera data…” and then the application closes, tried this several times with the same resolve. On the third time did get a message with “unresolve argument…”. I’m using gen I iTouch with 3.1.3 software, iVera worked before this update any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike

One thing you could try is to remove the app and download a fresh one. I’ve had several app’s that dont work after an upgrade, but work after being removed and reinstalled.

JOD.

Did as you suggested, with same resolve. Mike

PS Was able to access my Vera via local LAN address and via MiOS Logon to ensure that I had did not have a connectivity problem

Mike, I just checked this using v3.1.3 (7E18) on a gen I ipod with no issues.
Something else for you to try is clearing the cache?

JOD.

Yes, clearing the cache is a good idea.

You can reset iVera’s settings. First, fully terminate iVera. Go to your iPhone’s Settings application, scroll down and select iVera. Enable “Reset all settings”. Then restart iVera.

Email me (ivera@thinkiwi.com) if you are still having issues.

alcon,
Thanxs for the suggestions. I did a reset of my iTouch again with no resolve. However, I was at the hospital this afternoon using their WiFi, low and behold iVera 1.2.14 works for me (you got me!) and to add injury to insult after coming home this evening it now works. PFM ???

Really disappointed…
I hoped the app was now universal and also usable on the iPAd as well, release a version for iPAD instead of a phone!

I want to control vera mainly at home and how better to do this from a device for home, indeed the ipad, not the iphone!
The iphone is nice but not ideal, it is simply to small. iphone is great for out doors but for indoors a ipad is much better to use.

So make more effort to release a universal app, i do not believe this must take such a long time to develop if a iphone version is already present and available, it is only redesign the gui, the functionality is 100% the same as the current iphone version, so i really do not understand why this takes so long to release.

The app is not cheap at all, so why must we wait so long for a universal app, please give us a release date!

If i known this would take such a long time i would never not have bought it, also at the moment i would not recommend it to any other user due to very slow response of developers of ivera.

Greetz from a very disappointed ivera buyer…

Thanks iVera the new version you sent me works a treat with fw 996

Most excellent support!

I noticed that when you switch between the areas you sometimes have to reload as it displays out of date info. Like tstat on the tstat page then switching to the room it is located in and the values are way different. Hit the reload and it gets updated and they are the same. I saw the same for lights and door lock this means I am constantly reloading to male sure it is up to date.

Could somebody conform that new version is compatible with the 1.0.989 firmware?

I’m still using UI2 and planning to get new iPhone this Sunday.