Issues with DataMine under UI7

I am trying to install Datamine from the App section in UI7

It installs fine, and adds the logging device.

But when I try to launch the

I am asked to configure by selecting my USB drive.
It says if I don’t know the id of my drive I should Lable it. So I have labeled it as VeraLiteUSB.

When this config launches it only has one drive Identified as
b962b6b4-ba2d-4795-8c5e-9015a8c3dffb (MiOS)

I think this is the main drive of the VeraLite and not my USB.

So I can’t seem to get this app configured.

When I ssh into my veralite I have /tmp/log/cmh which contains my logs and was mounted from the usb. So I know USB logging is working fine. I just can’t get datamine to access this drive.

Can anyone suggest a solution ?

Never Mind I found a page via google search. Which is to a nice PDF on using data mine.

I had to manually configure datamine with the following

SetDataDirectory : /tmp/log/cmh/dataMine
SetMountPoint : Not required to be set
SetManualMount : 1
SetMountUUID : NA

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcode.mios.com%2Ftrac%2Fmios_datamine%2Fraw-attachment%2Fwiki%2FWikiStart%2FdataMine%2520Overview.pdf&ei=K-iyVNOcJ5DsoAT4zoGgAQ&usg=AFQjCNE0F7980nAthXsP9bQ14QbVf1CwuA&sig2=pvikcqjXGfrEjyK4BVhyXA&bvm=bv.83339334,d.cGU

Glad you found it. That rather crazy link is to the DataMine Manual on the mios.com wiki site.

LOL, thanks. The link is crazy but I just used google which downloaded the file to my local and opened it. So I just right mouse clicked on the google link and used copy url.
I didn’t like that it went through google but it worked so I just used it. To lazy to decode it into the url directly to mios. I wish I was better at finding mios docs. I am frustrated by mostly UI5 documentation and I have to use UI7 because of my Garage Door Controller. Honestly I like UI7 better but there are so many haters on this forum for UI7 that I fear that veralite will fail because of the lack of support from to community to move UI7 forward.

The fact that support has ignored all my support requests also makes be feel I might have made a mistake going with veralite. I hope things get better.

Hi, I had the same issue and finally solved it the same way you did. However the USB seems to be showing only about 500mb, although it is a 16GB usb stick. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Channels 2
Disk Space Total (kb)499552
Disk Space Used (kb)10805
Disk Space Free (kb)462533 2

This is because Vera formats the USB stick to 512mb if you enable usb logging. It is recommended not to use the same usb stick that Vera uses for USB logging because Vera will reformat the stick from time to time.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:6, topic:185257”]This is because Vera formats the USB stick to 512mb if you enable usb logging. It is recommended not to use the same usb stick that Vera uses for USB logging because Vera will reformat the stick from time to time.

• Garrett[/quote]

Aha! Ok, thanks for the information. I’ll look using the USB exclusively for datamine.

[quote=“garrettwp, post:6, topic:185257”]This is because Vera formats the USB stick to 512mb if you enable usb logging. It is recommended not to use the same usb stick that Vera uses for USB logging because Vera will reformat the stick from time to time.

• Garrett[/quote]

Can you use more than one USB Stick ? Do you just add a usb hub with more than one stick ?
I have 4GB stick for logging right now, so you say eventually veralite will re-format to 512. That is a bummer.