Is weather.mios.com Broken

I have no weather data displayed on the Dashboard. Additionally, the VOTS plugin (virtual outdoor temperature sensor) also failed.

http://weather.mios.com/?tempFormat=C&cityWeather=Halifax%2C%20Nova%20Scotia&countryWeather=Canada

returned with an error:

{“errors”:{“exception”:“Couldnot find location data”}}

Any help is appreciated.

Yeah, it seems to be definitely broken.

I wonder if anyone (@rafale77?) has managed to intercept the call. I could try to re-route to my internal web site and get accurate weather reporting, for what it’s worth.

I managed to found it. it’s calling /cgi-bin/cmh/proxy.sh?url=? passing the whole URL.

I think I can block it at the router’s to avoid it being called, or redirected to my own response.

There is another thread on VOTS: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,118088.0/topicseen.html.

Sorry, I killed all of these calls to the mios server on my vera and have moved weather onto openLuup. It seems however that the mios weather server is having some issues so moving to a different service would probably be a good idea.

Hello guys, this is has been reported.
We’re now working on updating the weather provider and this will be back up shortly.

Any update Sorin?

Bob

[quote=“beachboync, post:7, topic:200368”]Any update Sorin?

Bob[/quote]

Shortly usually means weeks in Vera time.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:8, topic:200368”][quote=“beachboync, post:7, topic:200368”]Any update Sorin?

Bob[/quote]

Shortly usually means weeks in Vera time.[/quote]

Only if we’re REALLY lucky. Remember Google Home was going to release any day and IFTTT was going to progress out of beta shortly too.

Ah, the smell of cynicism in the morning… 8)

If things would have changed for the better I’d surely be here with you, guys.

As I mentioned, this feature is practically rearchitected as many other things recently. A new service provider cannot be implemented in such short notice and I’m sure some of you understand.

;D ;D ;D

The weather data is backed this morning, but VOTS is still broken. Please update the plugin to work with the new weather source.

Thanks.

VOTS started working for me yesterday.

Sorin, thanks for getting VOTS operating again. Is there a way to get sky conditions as well as the temperature? Right now, it is raining and the icon shows rain. I would like to use this information to offset sunset/sunrise based on sky conditions. I am currently doing this with Weatherunderground but their API is disabled mid-February. I have been able to get the temperature.

Yes, the team deployed a hotfix on live, I believe on Friday. But it’s still using the existing weather framework. Full re-iteration is still in progress.

@Don Phillips, this is great feedback for the upcoming version of UI8 and we took note of it. It’s redundant to introduce new features to the existing firmware.

[quote=“Sorin, post:15, topic:200368”]Yes, the team deployed a hotfix on live, I believe on Friday. But it’s still using the existing weather framework. Full re-iteration is still in progress.

@Don Phillips, this is great feedback for the upcoming version of UI8 and we took note of it. It’s redundant to introduce new features to the existing firmware.[/quote]

Do we have an indicative date for UI8 release yet (you just know someone was going to ask) :wink:

C

Someone mentioned it here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,118058.msg437560.html#msg437560 :wink:

Sorin,

March 2019 is as little as 39 days from today, or 70 to 3/31. It would seem logical that beta releases were already in our hands. Can you clarify what the release plan is for this update?

Ta!

C

Still broken for me, but I must admin I prefer to not have it at all. So, if UI8 has an option to disable it, I’d be more than happy.