Is this Foscam Kit Any good

I’d like to get a CCTV system outside my home. Is this system any good? Do people have an experience of using it - I’d love to hear their experience? Is it compatible with VeraLite?

http://www.vesternet.com/foscam-720p-nvr-kit-security-system

Many thanks

Any thoughts

I have this kit and like it, however, I cannot connect it to my Vera. you do need to set it up to a router, luckily I had an old router and set that up as a bridge and connected the Foscam unit to it, so I can check via the app or browser and replay anything it may have recorded that set off the motion sensors.

Does it have to ha e a separate router
Can it not be connected to my existing home router.

There is a foscam plugin. Does that not allow you to add the cameras to Vera?

YOu can connect it to your home router, but I have my Vera secure connected to that and wanted the cam system closer to the cams themself. I have the Foscam plugin, it does not see them. If you use IP cam tool, you see it as one IP address even though there are 4 cams.

That’s a shame.

Has anyone managed to add them as separate cams?

Personally, Blue Iris is what I use. It supports many, many cameras, and Vera interacts with it. For instance, you can create a virtual motion sensor for each camera, have Vera arm the motion sensors in different modes, and record still and short clips - although I prefer to have Blue Iris do the recording. It doers mean putting software on a computer running 24-7.