IS THERE AN OCCUPANCY AND/OR SOUND SENSOR

Hello, is there such thing as an occupancy and/or sound z wave sensor ? When I sit static to watch TV, there is no “motion” and the controller shuts me off. Perhaps if there was a sound or occupancy sensor I could tell my controller the room is occupied.
Thank you,

There is some example code on Fibaro website that you could transform into Vera luup code to count for people inside a room. It doesn’t look to me like the best solution… I would love to have a “sound recorder” zwave device - like a camera but with no video :slight_smile:

Aparently you can use geofence so that Vera knows you’re home or not. However, geofence seems to give weird results sometimes (due to lack of GPS signal, and phones giving wrong info when using the GMS network antennas).

Does anyone knows about a “sensor/switch” similar to those in hotel rooms that you must use a key card to turn the room lights on? That would be an option to have a “home ocupancy state sensor”.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I have an Android phone and use a combination of Autovera and Android Device Monitor to tell Vera I am home any time our devices connect to the wifi works very well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I’ve never seen a zwave sound sensor, but a netatmo environment/weather station does measure sound levels. There is a netatmo plugin for the Vera I believe.

One limitation of this method is the Netatmo only reports the data periodically (i believe every 5 minutes or so), so the response would not be instant. The data would also only be reported through netatmo’s API service, not direct to vera, so there would be further latency,

Maybe you could try this one

http://www.hashop.nl/VIS_ZS5101

[quote=“silencery, post:4, topic:190419”]I’ve never seen a zwave sound sensor, but a netatmo environment/weather station does measure sound levels. There is a netatmo plugin for the Vera I believe.

One limitation of this method is the Netatmo only reports the data periodically (i believe every 5 minutes or so), so the response would not be instance. The data would also only be reported through netatmo’s API service, not direct to vera, so there would be further latency,[/quote]

I was going to mention this. I don’t have my netatmo blended with my vera however, you might be able to create a scene based on the decibel level. Make it check every 5 minutes (default update with netatmo is 5 minutes). If decibel level is above a certain point, keep things on???

Not z-wave, but I use EnOcean occupancy sensors with a USB EnOcean stick + the EnOcean plug-in. This setup gives me true occupancy detection - in fact my first sensor was just what you describe - above my couch in my living room so I could detect someone sitting and watching TVs. I now have 20 occupancy sensors in my network.

Of course adding a new wireless protocol has issues, and right now there is really only one vendor for the EnOcean sensors in the US. PM me if interested or pull up the EnOcean plug-in thread under programming…

What is the difference between a occupancy sensor and i.e. the everspring presence detector ? The everspring can be ceiling mounted.

http://www.everspring.com/SP814.aspx

What i also have coded in triggers (luup event) in some scenes is a check whether a light is on or not. If not, then return true or false, else false or true
so this scene wont run unless the light is on (or off)

local status = luup.variable_get(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “Status”, 18) or “0”

if (status == “0”) then
return true
else
return false
end

not sure if that is what you are looking for. Just trying to help.

I am not seeing this marketed as “presence”? Shows as PIR motion detector.

The only real difference between a motion detector and an occupancy detector is sensitivity. A motion detector is designed to be used for security applications, and hence false positives can’t be tolerated - sensors often have multiple technologies to make sure they only trip when certain of motion. An occupancy sensor can be far more sensitive, as the only negative implication of a false positive is that lights turn on when they shouldn’t.

I have pet friendly motion detectors attached to my alarm and integrated with Vera for certain HA applications when I want to be absolutely sure that there was human motion with near zero false positives. And then I have Occupancy sensors attached to Vera only for HA applications like lighting when I am OK with lights turning on if a cat walks into the room…

I mentioned it because i found it here as presence sensor http://www.hashop.nl/SP814